Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Niggerhead and these two guys ( Perry and Cain)

Yep, Cain took a nose dive with me after watching him on Fox and Friends this morning. He chose to use the phrase "Perry owned or leased this property. He knows it was a lease, it has been stated in the news every since it came up. It was just a political smear attempt, and Cain loses points with me over it....
    "Illegal Immigrant" is not a race....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams

Just remembered something from a long time ago..... there used to be some wild flowers that I remember being called niggerheads growing in many areas back when I was a kid. My guess is the lease was probably covered with them and so it was named that by the original owners. Probably nothing racist meant at that time as it was just a name, but in todays jargon takes on a different meaning. Yep just as I thought, here is a definition of the flower and it is indeed called by its old name.....
    http://chestofbooks.com/flora-plants...em-Purple.html
    Black-Eyed Susan; Yellow Or Ox-Eye Daisy; Nigger-Head; Golden Jerusalem; Purple Cone-Flower (Rudbeckia Hirta) Thistle Family

Funny how a quick search on Google somehow escapes the OP or maybe it was more fun to start a big fuss about nothing.

i can see why it would be called that because the center of the flower looks like an afro, but i highly doubt it was ever meant as an endearing nickname for it.
    Guns don't kill people. Zombies kill people.

Probably not, but it goes to show that it got its name from a normally used word during that time. And more importantly it should show that the Perry bunch were not using the property as some sort of silly secret ritual gathering. Much has been blown out by people who have more evil ideas than Perry did by leasing a place that had a name.

Until the Dems publicly denounce and rebuke their recently departed KKK member and quit giving him accolades for his service "after the fact".....this doesnt hold water for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post

Until the Dems publicly denounce and rebuke their recently departed KKK member and quit giving him accolades for his service "after the fact".....this doesnt hold water for me.
    How about just 3 short years ago, Clinton telling Kerry at a lucheon that until recently, obama would be serving them tea and coffee???

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams

so, in all honesty, let me get this straight.

Perry had a rock, with a word painted on it, and then painted over the rock at some time.

Barry goes to NBPP within the last decade, listens to their stuff, defends their rights to threaten at polling places, and nothing is said.

sounds good.
    Guns don't kill people. Zombies kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Yep, Cain took a nose dive with me after watching him on Fox and Friends this morning. He chose to use the phrase "Perry owned or leased this property. He knows it was a lease, it has been stated in the news every since it came up. It was just a political smear attempt, and Cain loses points with me over it....
    One of the few with a plan for the economy (999) and here he's down on your points list.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    One of the few with a plan for the economy (999) and here he's down on your points list.
    I'm not sure his 9-9-9 is a good idea right now.

Quote Originally Posted by haikon View Post
    so, in all honesty, let me get this straight.

Perry had a rock, with a word painted on it, and then painted over the rock at some time.

It's not even that.....it's that some unnamed guy had a ranch, and on this ranch that particular guy had a rock that had a word on it, that was painted over at some time nearly two decades ago.....Perry leases hunting rights here on this guys ranch...so it's not even his rock...

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    He's down on my list because that was a stupid tactic he used to make a political point. Havent we had enough of the race card being played for stupid things that have no point or relevance to them? I guess he will be accused of hating blacks now because he wanted to give lower tuition to another minority (well not a minority in Texas) and not offering the same thing to blacks??

Cain has some other good points he could run on, he doesnt have to stoop to stupid crap like that to run for office. He has worked too hard and accomplished too much in his life to have to resort to that kind of lowlife BS. If we are all going to become one group, the ones who keep brining up this kind of **** need to throw the accusations out with the rest of the racist talk.

DanH is offline Sept. 06, 1927 - May 24, 2018
    Adventurer Par Excellence!
    May He Rest In Peace
    BFD ... Perry got a deer lease with a rock painted 'Niggerhead' on it. Perry didn't paint it. Would the wackos get their panties in a wad if the rock said 'Honkiehead'? NO!

I recall marine navigation points on the Mississippi River being named 'Nigger Shoals' and 'Niggerbluff' - and nobody sued the river.

BTW ... 'er' on the end of any noun/etc. name is standard English practice. A dude who herds sheep is a 'sheepherder'. A dude living in New York is a 'New Yorker'. A dude who dances is a 'dancer'. Adding 'er' to 'Negro' and shortening it to 'Nigger' may be offensive to those applied to, but it doesn't violate standard English practice. BTW, being hay-stack white haired from diapers on thru senility, I am deeply offended when someone calls me 'Whitey'
    "PUSH TO FLUSH"

This issue is exactly why the most qualified leaders among us opt out of running for political office, I ask even the most elitists among the posters here who has a closet so clean that you could run without this type of total BS side tracking your campaign. This is not pro Perry or even addressing the stupid rock deal, just shows how deep and how ridiculous folks will go to paint someone as something they well be not. I think if he had worshipped in a church named like the rock for years it might be a different story. It's just the downing of politics, and is why we have no one stepping up to the table that can pull us out of this. Can you imagine Reagan running in this era, even though touched on with a feather his hollywood trists would have killed him politically.

Good post!

Cain is a businessman more than a politician - I allow him a few missteps or misspeaks. Is he a perfect candidate.... no - but he's a damned sight better than who's in office right now. If we wait for the perfect candidate to come along we'll have a long wait and 0Bama will have a second term.

but he's a damned sight better than who's in office right now. If we wait for the perfect candidate to come along we'll have a long wait and 0Bama will have a second term.
    A cow out in the pasture would be a better choice and have less BS in it as well. Chewie made some good points in his post....why subject your reputation and family to the scrutiny of a political race if you are doing just fine where you are? I dont think Obozos people would re-elect him at this point but lets not take the chance.

A good strategist knows what to pick at to get the most PPE (pain per event) and has a list of them made out and probably a schedule on when each PPE is to be released to make sure the opponent is bloodied pretty regularly.