Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F the tea party ann F the ultra left

where the deer and the antelope play (no, *not* Texas!)
    Tx is moderate?!?!
    ~*~ Erin ~*~

Some people do what they they've gotta do to live where they wanna live. Others live where they have to live to be what they want to be. --Baxter Black.

Quote Originally Posted by chew 'n' spit View Post
    You made my point I have no way to look, but I don't give the Tea Party quite the credit you do i.e. having the wisdom of the founding fathers. I see it more as a grass roots right wing movement that is feeding off of O's incompetence.
    darn that Dave and his websites!
    Guns don't kill people. Zombies kill people.

I don't think I have to worry about being confronted with the problem of voting for Perry--he doesn't have enough sense to last till election time.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I don't think I have to worry about being confronted with the problem of voting for Perry--he doesn't have enough sense to last till election time.
    Thats what many of us thought about the current POTUS, at least Perry has held a responsible position and served more than one term at it. Still doesnt say that Perry is it, but he and Romney are about the best choices we have at the moment. Remember it was a "new age" politician that drug us down the hill at breakneck speed and now his favorite excuse about it being the previous admins fault has worn out its welcome.

You voted for a complete idiot last time so I am really not going to put a whole lot of stock in your current choice no matter who it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    You voted for a complete idiot last time so I am really not going to put a whole lot of stock in your current choice no matter who it might be.
    Agreed

DanH is offline Sept. 06, 1927 - May 24, 2018
    Adventurer Par Excellence!
    May He Rest In Peace
    [QUOTE=chew 'n' spit;947545]I despise extreme politics. QUOTE]

Historically, the 'extreme politicians' are the ones that push the changes. The US Revolutionary War ... 'revolutionists' , for example. After all, Ol' King George wasn't really a bad guy, he just pizzed a few people off, and then they fired up the rest. Our Canadian neighbors never were inclined to dump their King George.
    "PUSH TO FLUSH"

[QUOTE=SBA;947728]
    I despise extreme politics. QUOTE]

Historically, the 'extreme politicians' are the ones that push the changes. The US Revolutionary War ... 'revolutionists' , for example. After all, Ol' King George wasn't really a bad guy, he just pizzed a few people off, and then they fired up the rest. Our Canadian neighbors never were inclined to dump their King George.
    Get in the bed and roll with them Dan, they will not like it.

May He Rest In Peace
    [QUOTE=chew 'n' spit;947729]
    Quote Originally Posted by SBA View Post

Get in the bed and roll with them Dan, they will not like it.
    I still go by military regulations ... single occupancy in the sack.
    "PUSH TO FLUSH"

[QUOTE=SBA;947733]

I still go by military regulations ... single occupancy in the sack.
    That prolly has more to do with the fumes you release and the clouds of noxious odors that follow!

May He Rest In Peace
    [QUOTE=TxMusky;947734]
    Quote Originally Posted by SBA View Post

That prolly has more to do with the fumes you release and the clouds of noxious odors that follow!
    Marine Corps bans audible farting in Afghanistan Has political ...
    http://www.sodahead.com/united...far...stion-2120815/ - The United States Marine Corps has banned audible farting in Afghanistan ... Military soldiers have already been required to obey regulations ...

Fortunately, most of my military farts were officially classified as 'Sneakers', and therefore not a court martial offense.
    "PUSH TO FLUSH"

If you are for or against abortion for ANY reason are you an extremist ?. And if you are of either stance and vote for [Romney] or whomever just to defeat President Obama, does that make you a moderate with no convictions ?.

NO.....it just means you do not agree with Obozos plans or actions and think someone else can do a better job. Anybody who bases their vote on just one single aspect of a candidate's stances does not understand the process we have in this country. It takes an effort by all three... House, Senate and Potus to have a bill be made into law, so even if one or two like a point doesnt mean its going to happen.

Unless of course you railroad a bill through like the Dems did the HC bill but that will never come to life as the next set of Congress critters will repeal it.

Try not to narrow down all the problems to a single issue. With so MUCH screwed up in DC you need to consider the WHOLE. We always try to get the perfect man to be POTUS, but only have warm bodies to choose from.

We got a start in 2010. Work on that good start and make it better.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Few things are all good or all bad and these two are no different.

I'll ignore the ultra left--which is what they deserve---but the Tea Party has potential.

However, until they gain enough maturity to move from ideologues to pragmatists they might continue to influence the discussion for a time but have limited influence beyond that. If they can't manage that transition they will fade quickly.

They need to stop acting like spoiled kids with a new toy.
    OMG!!!! I agree with you that the Tea Party has potential. But they have NO LEADER----No "corporate headquarters", so to speak. The one thing I believe they do have is morality, which is lacking in the Ultra Left. And that works in our favor at the voting booth.
    Sam