Thread: Heads up Bo

Heads up Bo

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Blue Skies Black Death....

I'm a coward when it comes to heights. Wifey's done it. All I do is provide moral support while standing on the ground.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Appears to be a mid air collision? Facts still coming out and Im curious about the reporters abilities. Mid Air = 2 people. One dead, the other must have been injured. No mention of any other injury on the jump....

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Facts still coming out and Im curious about the reporters abilities.
    I agree since the headline suggests this is the second time in two years that the same jumper died...There may be an opening at Yahoo News for a literate proofreader...
    Skydiver dies at Florida airport for second time in 2 years
    ...Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Good catch. I missed that discrepancy, Ben.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Appears to be a mid air collision? Facts still coming out and Im curious about the reporters abilities. Mid Air = 2 people. One dead, the other must have been injured. No mention of any other injury on the jump....
    Or an aircraft

Skydiver dies at Florida airport for second time in 2 years
    Mastery of grammar and the english language are no longer required of "journalist"
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Good catch. I missed that discrepancy, Ben.

Hunter
    It's the first thing I noticed when the thread was posted, but I couldn't think of a respectful way to mention it considering a death was involved, until Bo offered the opening...And Dave, you're right...If we could harness the energy of all the former English teachers spinning in their graves today, we could generate enough electricity to light the world......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Or an aircraft
    :
    I doubt that. If he struck the jump plane on exit it would have been reported. If he struck another plane during flight it would have been reported to the FAA as well ...Either scenario would be obvious.

I believe this accident will become obvious once more info if released to the skydiving community.

A side note. Skydivers hate reporters. They never make them look good but instead try to make them out as adrenaline fueled idiots. I saw one asked to leave the property when she showed up to do a story on the Tandem industry. The DZ manager approved it but once the jumpers found out they all refused to jump if she was allowed too... Her story would have been full of miss-quotes and bad facts as is typical.