Thread: I was hoping to stop by

I was hoping to stop by

And see if the continual rages of TDS might have subsided. To my dismay it continues dominate the above board forums. Sad.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Welcome back.. I must confess that I don’t understand the term TDS.. Google tells me it’s Total Dissolved Solids.. or Testosterone deficiency syndrome (This one may have potential) ..

On edit: found it..
    Urban Dictionary offers up this handy definition: “Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a mental condition in which a person has been driven effectively insane due to their dislike of Donald Trump, to the point at which they will abandon all logic and reason.”

I have an acquaintance or two who definitely have it so it is a real thing, and something to be on the lookout for.. we also need to be on the watch for people who are making a living by sensationalizing (one side or the other) of our current political environment..

IMHO.. we, as a country, are in a sad position.. the past two (or more maybe) presidential elections were decided by people voting against a candidate, not for a candidate and the upcoming election will probably be the same.. if Biden is reelected it will be by anti-Trump votes, not pro-Biden votes..

BTW.. it may be behavior that drives some comments.. ie: attacking the children of “opponents “..

Welcome back..

It's always good to see you here, Tom, and your input is always welcome to me as it sparks discussion...

Joe, your assessment is also spot on...My beliefs and hopes for our nation have not waivered, but I'm sad to report my votes continue to be against most politicians as those who could actually lead our various levels of government do not want the job...I know I wouldn't, and I'm certainly no leader......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    ...the past two (or more maybe) presidential elections were decided by people voting against a candidate, not for a candidate and the upcoming election will probably be the same.. if Biden is reelected it will be by anti-Trump votes, not pro-Biden votes...
    Nailed.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Welcome back.. I must confess that I don’t understand the term TDS.. Google tells me it’s Total Dissolved Solids.. or Testosterone deficiency syndrome (This one may have potential) ..
    The Diesel Stop.... I forgot all about that site. Mines got a 6.2L now. Just upgraded to a Super Poopy again. The F150 with th eco Boost was a dream to drive especially on long road trips but my new trailer was maxing out the payload. I Figured I could dump money into trying to make it tow like an F 250 or just upgrade. The longer bed and wheel base is nice to have.

I wonder if the BeeGees fan is still there?
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    I wonder if the BeeGees fan is still there?
    Do NOT summon the evil spirit......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I hear he's staying alive

in 2003 i actually met him
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I'm sad to report my votes continue to be against most politicians as those who could actually lead our various levels of government do not want the job...I know I wouldn't, and I'm certainly no leader...
    Here's an example from today's news:
    "No Labels has always said we would only offer our ballot line to a ticket if we could identify candidates with a credible path to winning the White House," the group said in a statement. "No such candidates emerged, so the responsible course of action is for us to stand down."
    ...Ben

Former CBS newscaster Dan Rather explained why he so strictly opposes the idea of Donald Trump once again becoming President of the United States.

The journalist, who covered important historical events like the Civil Rights Movement, the Vietnam War, the Watergate scandal and many more during his four decades at the network, made it clear that the reason is not political.

“A few people have asked why I vehemently oppose Trump,” Rather wrote on X (formerly Twitter) on Wednesday. “Let me make this perfectly clear. It’s not about politics. I’ve voted for both parties.”

“It’s about me, as a patriot, rejecting a cheating, lying, racist, treasonous, fascist and vile man who attacks the free press, and wants to lead the country I love,” he continued. “It’s really that simple]
    Sums it up for me.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Man, I REALLY miss voting for the best candidate rather than the least heinous.

Nixon & Clinton? Lightweight opportunists compared to our choices.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead