Thread: Share Some Music "Finds" On YouTube

Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Okay, I like it! The voice just doesn't fit the face at all.

a few more for y'all. his music keeps bringing me back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1o5Q2K9bRA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrIUdXrRZuY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twSOw2wAf4Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4getBk1onkY

i can't say why, but 13 silver dollars if my favorite so far. hope you enjoy
    he amazes me he sound like a well aged elder, but he is 28 years old now. he must have an old soul
    Last edited by Flaco; 12-03-2023 at 07:11 PM.
    it's time to change the air in my head

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

That's one of Johnny's I really like. Real country emotions.

I didn't realize it was going past the first song when I first posted.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I hope you didn't miss Emmylou Harris
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Wow! LeAnn nailed it! I've always loved it, but this is the first time I have heard her sing it.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I love to see the reactions music can cause in people. Joy abounds here

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Cowboy Junkies.. another great cover

nick shoulders. very much western and he can yodel. fiar warning capt'n it another artist whos face and look don't quite fit the voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmAwFPqHTe0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I7ME1oacMA
    it's time to change the air in my head

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I enjoyed Izzy's music, which was distinctive , but he was a classic study of a tragic life (IMHO).

He suffered from morbid obesity his entire life and at one point was over 700 lbs. There is a video of his family and friends spreading his ashes on the surf and even the urn was "up sized".

RIP Izzy

A little background may be in order here. Andre Rieu is Dutch and he and his orchestra are headquartered in Maastricht Holland. The young lady singing has been his lead singer for a number of years now. Mirusia comes from Australia and since her parents are both Dutch immigrants she is multilingual. This concert was performed in Sydney---and I think Ray Freeman just might be there with his hands in the air.

To our friends "down under"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    A little background may be in order here. Andre Rieu is Dutch and he and his orchestra are headquartered in Maastricht Holland. The young lady singing has been his lead singer for a number of years now. Mirusia comes from Australia and since her parents are both Dutch immigrants she is multilingual. This concert was performed in Sydney---and I think Ray Freeman just might be there with his hands in the air.

To our friends "down under"

We had tickets to one of his concerts in Perth. The day before the Missus burst an aneurysm in her brain so weren't able to make it. The grand daughter went instead. Hopefully we will make the next one

Nothing more Aussie than Slim Dusty
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg-eBs5enD4