Thread: Share Some Music "Finds" On YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    I have been to 3 of his concerts and to "an evening with the song writers twice" most excellent...
    Very cool! Lyle has always supported our department and has done several very small venue concerts benefiting my boss's campaign fund over the years. That's how I initially came to know him. Pictures from the 2015 Concert
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

And now, for a complete change of pace!

I heard a song a couple of days ago that I liked so much on first hearing that I had to find it. I had no idea who the singer was and I was surprised when I found out upon googling part of the lyrics "I can buy myself flowers". It turned out to be Miley Cyrus, an artist who I have never listened to. I don't care for her lifestyle or her other music, but this song, I think is really good.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

this young lady who is currently 17 astounds me with her vocals. her placement and timing are that of a much older soul. besides the link i am posting, she does an outstanding cover of etta james i do not know how old she was for this recording. here is a cover of the adele song "all i ask". hope you enjoy
    miss angelina jordan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gJuprckBxI
    it's time to change the air in my head

She just gets better the more I listen to her----thank you
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Last edited by Dave Grubb; 04-14-2023 at 08:56 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

My favorite from Darius Rucker:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    it was nice to see him give credit to old crown medicine show. it was originally written bob dylan and ketch secor (of old crow medicine show). dylan originally recorded the chorus in 1973 and ketch added more lines later on.

mike i had forgotten about that tune! thanks for the reminder

i still think of him as hootie

One of my favorites

She also plays the fiddle, guitar and 5 string banjo without frets

i reaally enjoy her music. i have been listening to her since carolina chocolate drops, love the fret-less guitar and banjo's

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
    i reaally enjoy her music. i have been listening to her since carolina chocolate drops, love the fret-less guitar and banjo's
    I think her voice defines the sound of purity

John Denver was high up on my list of musicians in 1997 when he did the ultimate dumb thing----and stuffed himself into the Monterey Bay.

I still vacillate between anger and compassion toward him

Annie's Song

Rhiannon Giddens has just been awarded a Pulitzer for her Opera "Omar" ----what an honor.

And here is some honest to goodness blue grass.

Don't miss the one that begins at 11:25

This just came on my player---we have "history".

In her early days I wanted to love her but could not ignore her politics. By the time this song (Diamonds and Rust) came out in 1975 I had been converted into the peace movement and her politics were no longer a barrier