Thread: Share Some Music "Finds" On YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
    not music, but it is great. statler and waldorf vs. milton berle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGfx3QAV64M

That was funny!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I am a big fan of Texas swing (Asleep at the Wheel, Bob Wills) and this guy, perhaps one of the most underrated pickers because he is, essentially, a bar band guy:

Junior Brown. This stuff makes me tap my feet. Reminds me of warm nights, drinking longnecks, Georgia cowgirls. Days of my youth...

Just another to show Junior Brown's style. The chorus itself is perfect bar band...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I am a big fan of Texas swing (Asleep at the Wheel, Bob Wills)...
    Damn! You da man! I've seen AATW in a very small concert venue of maybe 500 people twice. I would go again tonight if I had the chance. The picture is from the first concert, the second concert I was lucky to find out about it early and had second row, center seats.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ASATW.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	39421
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Just for you, Mike!

Back atcha, Kevin!

https://youtu.be/kLL7Eu7mdIo

Bob Wills, along with a bunch of country greats made a final album titled "Bob Wills And His Texas Playboys For The Last Time" just before he passed away. I remember sitting in my driveway listening to WBAP, a clear channel country radio station in Dallas, play nothing but Bob Wills music for hours that night. The album was completed after Bob's death, and is something special, I think.

Other great tribute albums are "Ride With Bob" and "Still The King", both by Asleep At The Wheel with lots of help from country greats.

i love junior brown!
    catfish and collard greens!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfM7nd91rsc
    also check out my post in the last page with quebe sisters. kinda sound like the andrews sisters, but call themselves western swing. they did a few songs with asleep at the wheel, another favorite of mine too.
    it's time to change the air in my head

i love junior brown!
    catfish and collard greens!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfM7nd91rsc
    also check out my post in the last page with quebe sisters. kinda like the andrews sisters, but call themselves western swing. they did a few songs with aslep at the wheel, another favorite of mine too.
    Here's some more good country cookin':

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    we are different people with different tastes in music. I am more Country and Western than anything else and there are HUGE numbers ao great songs in that genre . However , The [ I M O ] greatest story teller would have to be Marty Robbins . Any one of his songs could be the most memorable but , I will have to say that
    [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBqGH-hTmX8 ] would be my pick for his best offering .

Try it , you'll like it .

ooPS : I for got to add , Dave be prepared to avert your eyes at the end .
    i do enjoy marty robbins and have for years

truth be told i am a brass/horns fan i absolutely love it when it is done well, music genre doesn't apply.

that being said, i just enjoy music that is made with real instruments and singers and not digitally enhanced (no auto tune!!). i do not mind keyboards and electric drums if done well (rush would be an example and is one of my favorite bands ever). probably why i like pretty much any live music i can find that is done well.

true masters of their craft musically seem to be getting harder to find. it is refreshing to find some new artist do exist, but it seems rare.

i've been home with covid this week, the worst of it has passed, so i have been digging into my cd and record collection (yep, i typed it i have a record collection), so it's not so bad
    right now i have lyle lovett on, it's the joshua judges ruth album currently "church" is on i highly recommend that tune and will leave a link. that will be followed by rush 2112 overture

as i said i listen to almost everything

hope y'all enjoy, and have a wonderful evening!
    oh and crank this up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZI0zO2TS1Y

[QUOTE=Mike;1100323]Here's some more good country cookin':

nice!!!! love me some bob wills

........right now i have lyle lovett on........
    I've known Lyle for over 20 years. He still lives on the old family farm maybe 5 miles from my Houston area house.

This is my favorite Lyle Lovett song: If I Had A Boat

nice! i'm, a bit jealous! please, next time you see or chat with him, let him know there is a guy in pa exposing his music to a bunch of people that don't know it.
    i even turned a 17 year old on to him about 2 weeks ago. he is in the high school band. the boy was beside himself. i saw him 3 or 4 days after and he had downloaded a bunch of his work and he was blasting church when he came by my shop to ask what other music i have

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I've known Lyle for over 20 years. He still lives on the old family farm maybe 5 miles from my Houston area house.

This is my favorite Lyle Lovett song: If I Had A Boat
    I have been to 3 of his concerts and to "an evening with the song writers twice" most excellent...
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"