Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Islam: This guy nails it !

The biggest one is that it paints ALL muslims with the same brush.
    Maybe it is because it is taught in their religious book? Their Koran is the first and last word in the running of their daily lives and Sharia Law is what they practice and the recent challenges in Americas law in several states would like to have "their" law rule their people, regardless of our country's laws and Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Yeah, women get raped here, but I have have yeet to see one beaten for it because she didn't have 4 witnesses.....nice try.
    Honor killings here are not permitted, they are prosecuted....
    And polygamy is illegal in Utah...
    You are missing the point!

If you were judged by the actions of these few, would you think that judgement was accurate??

Or even a fair representation??

That is exactly what happens when people make blanket statements about muslims......

And that is nether accurate, nor a fair representation either.

If you actually knew some muslims you would see how laughable such misconceptions actually are!

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    Maybe it is because it is taught in their religious book? Their Koran is the first and last word in the running of their daily lives and Sharia Law is what they practice and the recent challenges in Americas law in several states would like to have "their" law rule their people, regardless of our country's laws and Constitution.
    Lots of things are in the bible, that christians would find an abomination if they were practiced today.........

Gary

If you actually knew some muslims you would see how laughable such misconceptions actually are!
    Speaking of painting with a broad brush or making blanket statements!

Lots of things are in the bible, that christians would find an abomination if they were practiced today.........
    And there are laws in this country that override what a particular group is legally allowed to do. That goes for all groups, good or bad, and covers every citizen as written in our Constitution.
    If a group of people think its okay to beat a woman physically, we have a law that forbids that....universally, so that it covers all religions. If a group of people think its okay to kill somebody for offending them, we have a law for that.

The laws of the country insure that all people are covered equally without exemptions for any color,creed,sex or religion. Just because the Klan thinks its okay to do something doesnt mean its right, same goes for the Muslims or Buddists or Christians and that is what separates our country from many others. If some off the wall group decides its okay to sexually assault young children and make it a ritual in their church, our laws over ride that atrocity and we throw those sick bastards into jail. The law is applied equally to protect all citizens, where a religious law protects only the ideas of the follower.

Look at the country's of the world that are muslim or atheist, are the human rights abuses better or worse than in countries where there is some other form of law other than what the religion or political party believes in? What about the level of education?

Quote Originally Posted by RED-PSD-VAN View Post

Gary
    You're showing ignorance again. I know plenty of Muslims. In fact, I have one over to my house once a week for the weekly poker game. I never said "ALL". I'm sure there is a Muslim man somewhere who respects his wife. When you have religious courts set up by Muslims countries who do exactly what I said, and the Sharia says exactly what I said, then it is more than an anecdote that they do this. Like I said, sell crazy somewhere else....
    "Illegal Immigrant" is not a race....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams