Thread: Report: Deportations at all-time high

Report: Deportations at all-time high

The Obama administration is deporting more illegal immigrants than ever before, undermining blasts by Republicans, including Gov. Jan Brewer, that it is failing in its duty to deal with the problem.

Statistics put together by the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse at Syracuse University show that more illegal immigrants were removed from the United States during the first nine months of this fiscal year than during the same period in 2008. That is when Republican George W. Bush was in the White House and his administration controlled Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

In fact, the number of those ejected from the country between Oct. 1, 2009 and June 30 of this year is nearly twice as much as it was in the same period in 2005.

The TRAC report also shows that the Obama administration is devoting more of its resources to removing those who have committed serious crimes.

During the first nine months of the fiscal year, TRAC, using Immigration and Customs Enforcement data, figures that 136,714 "criminal aliens" were deported. That same figure in 2008 was 85,334.
    http://www.azdailysun.com/news/local...cc4c03286.html

Gee now some will spin this another way.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I wonder what they are as a percentage of illegal immigrants. That would be the telling number.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    I wonder what they are as a percentage of illegal immigrants. That would be the telling number.
    And just what would it tell?

I want them all gone, not any particurlar race, or creed, just all of the illegals. Percentages don't matter to me. Send them ALL home.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    ...and how would you propose we get that number

Seems if we are counting them we might do well to shift the focus
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    And just what would it tell?

I want them all gone, not any particurlar race, or creed, just all of the illegals. Percentages don't matter to me. Send them ALL home.
    I second the motion with a little addition, do it faster because it's taking to long. They should have been gone yesterday.

DanH is offline Sept. 06, 1927 - May 24, 2018
    Adventurer Par Excellence!
    May He Rest In Peace
    "136,714 "criminal aliens" were deported" BFD - there are MILLIONS of these illegals here.
    "PUSH TO FLUSH"

It seems to me logical that deportations are at an all time high, since illegal immigration is at an all time high...................still not keeping up with and addressing the problem.

Chewy understood my point. It is like shooting fish in a barrel. If there are more here, it is far easier to get a couple then if there are a few.
    I am more impressed if 2% of all illegals were deported then the .5% that were deported last year. As for deporting all of them, yeah, I could probably go with that.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

Your point has never been to stop the illegal immmegration................so I don't get where we agree,.