Thread: Obama: U.S. combat mission in Iraq to end this month

Obama: U.S. combat mission in Iraq to end this month

President Barack Obama vowed on Monday to make good on his promise to end U.S. combat operations in Iraq by the end of August, despite a dangerous political deadlock in Baghdad and a recent surge in militant violence.

Speaking to the Disabled American Veterans group in Atlanta even as he struggles with waning public support for the war in Afghanistan, Obama sought to underscore his administration's progress winding down the U.S. role in the unpopular Iraq war.

With congressional elections looming in November, it was a reminder to liberal Democrats and many independent voters whose opposition to the Iraq conflict helped sweep him into office that he was determined to bring the war to a "responsible end."

"Shortly after taking office, I announced our new strategy for Iraq and for a transition to full Iraqi responsibility," Obama said. "And I made it clear that by August 31, 2010, America's combat mission in Iraq would end. And that is exactly what we are doing -- as promised and on schedule."
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_obama_...1hdXNjb21iYQ--

Another promise kept.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

DanH is offline Sept. 06, 1927 - May 24, 2018
    Adventurer Par Excellence!
    May He Rest In Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Another promise kept.
    Another load of B/S ! 50,000 US troops will remain there to "train" the Iraqi forces. Train them for WHAT ??? They already know how to kill each other and the minute the US pulls out all troops, the place will explode in Islamic violence - to please Allah, of course. In WW II, we got about 8 weeks of "training", were handed a gun and started shooting. These Iraqi retards have ALREADY had years and years and years of "training" by the US , and, apparently, now they can't remember chit what they were taught ??? Time, and way past time, to just say "WE WON /YIPPEE !", like GW Bush already said landing on the aircraft carrier , and GTF OUT !
    "PUSH TO FLUSH"

I'm sensing that you have a little animosity towards the war SBA, but im not certain. Can you try to clear it up please?

The contingency force will still do day to day sweeps just like now, but with Iraqi troops. Don't trust em personally, for the reasons you stated.
    Guns don't kill people. Zombies kill people.

May He Rest In Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by haikon View Post
    I'm sensing that you have a little animosity towards the war SBA, but im not certain. Can you try to clear it up please?
    Well ... yes .... I gotta slight animosity towards squandering American troop lives and the taxpayer's money on a idiotic war with NOTHING for the USA to win. Saddam might have been s sumbytch, but it takes a sumbytch to run ANY Islamic country, and the azzzholes that replaced him are just as bad as he was. Regardless , WHO givezachit WHAT these Islamic retards do to each other ? The more they kill each other, the fewer out to destroy western civilization to please Allah.
    "PUSH TO FLUSH"

i was being sarcastic SBA

May He Rest In Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by haikon View Post
    i was being sarcastic SBA
    I know that , but just to be nice, you should send me a case of Corona Extra
    "PUSH TO FLUSH"

id have to bring it to you because that lil bronco may not start again

Sounds like the same time table that McCain had for Iraq, but then, no one wants to acknowledge that.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

Hate to rain on Obozo's parade, but that timeline was in the plan before he got his job. But then again, he has lied about everything else so what is one more to try and make himself look good.