Thread: Garage sale negatives worth $200 million......

Garage sale negatives worth $200 million......

Wow! What a find!

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - A trove of old glass negatives bought at a garage sale for $45 have been authenticated as the lost work of famed nature photographer Ansel Adams and are worth at least $200 million, an attorney for the owner said Tuesday.
    A team of experts concluded after an exhaustive, six-month examination that the 65 negatives are Adams' early work, which were believed to have been destroyed in a 1937 fire at his Yosemite National Park studio, Arnold Peter said.
    LINK
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I'd have those suckers up for auction today!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I'd have those suckers up for auction today!!
    And retire tomorrow......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Sorry I rent them to different Museums and retire. Sell them when the markets way up in a few years then really enjoy the retirement.

Great find.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

And the lawsuit from the seller is next.........................

And the lawsuit from the seller is next.........................
    On what grounds?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    On what grounds?
    This is who need grounds. What about the estate of Adams and the right to print them, think that is where the big problem will come from.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Unjust enrichment, I would take the case in a minute here and settle it in a few months and get my client some big bucks, if you want me to go into legal detail I will, no way no how will this purchaser take it all...............

I would go underground then... 20MM on the black market and I'd be set.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I would go underground then... 20MM on the black market and I'd be set.
    Until they found it and you would pay thirty six percent this year thirty nine next year, or maybe a little less if you could claim a capital gain................either way, good find, but you are screwed.

It doesn't seem like this is posturing to recover or claim Adam's intellectual property.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis