Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emperor Obama goes to London ...with 500 flunkies in tow.

DanH is offline Sept. 06, 1927 - May 24, 2018
    Adventurer Par Excellence!
    May He Rest In Peace

Thumbs down Emperor Obama goes to London ...with 500 flunkies in tow.

http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/42183

"Obama arrived with 500 staff in tow, including 200 Secret Service agents, a team of six doctors, the White House chef and kitchen staff with the president's own food and water. And, according to the Evening Standard, he also came with "35 vehicles in all, four speech writers and 12 teleprompters."

But you have already read about this in your local newspaper ...
    Oh no, you didn't? OK then, you saw it on CNN... No?... INTERESTING!!!
    You just gotta love this spread-the-wealth, hopey-changey thing .... All this B/S for a 3 day visit. Sorry dudes, but Obama just went on my Sh!t List ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	obama1.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	33490  

"PUSH TO FLUSH"

Heck some clown had to use a carrier a few years back.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Ah, yes. Our tax dollars at work.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by SBA View Post
    http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/42183

"Obama arrived with 500 staff in tow, including 200 Secret Service agents, a team of six doctors, the White House chef and kitchen staff with the president's own food and water. And, according to the Evening Standard, he also came with "35 vehicles in all, four speech writers and 12 teleprompters."

But you have already read about this in your local newspaper ...
    Oh no, you didn't? OK then, you saw it on CNN... No?... INTERESTING!!!
    You just gotta love this spread-the-wealth, hopey-changey thing .... All this B/S for a 3 day visit. Sorry dudes, but Obama just went on my Sh!t List ...
    Why is Obama on your Sh!t list?. Are you upset that he did not bring 700 on his entourage?

George Bush was safely installed behind the high walls of Buckingham Palace last night at the start of a controversial state visit that will devote just 150 minutes to direct talks with Tony Blair on Iraq and other thorny problems.

Mr Bush, his wife, Laura, and a 700-strong entourage worthy of a travelling medieval monarch, flew into Heathrow airport slightly late, at 7.22pm. The couple were greeted by the Prince of Wales, then whisked to the palace by US military helicopter.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2003/nov/19/uk.iraq

Obama continues to scale back federal expenditures.

don

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Now for sure he is paying for this himself right?
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

wow, 700... that s alot! more LOL

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

I don't give a damn who is in the White House, this is BS that needs to stop.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I don't give a damn who is in the White House, this is BS that needs to stop.
    When the President of the United States of America goes somewhere he is not simply an individual traveling he is the commander in chief of the military and the most powerful civilian leader in the free world. His job does not stop because he is traveling overseas, in fact it gets more intense as he is meeting other heads of state, both friends and enemies.

It is the office of President traveling and whether it goes to London, Kennebunkport, Florida, or Crawford Texas it is still the most influencial position in the world.

Obama has cut back from a staff of 700 advisors, body guards, and staff that went with the last President to only 500 for this trip.

Looks like he is walking the walk on smaller government instead of simply paying lip service.

So he needs a f..ing cook, kitchen staff and SIX doctors. BS!

I wouldn't go to London without bringing my own food.

Of course, with Great Britain's socialized health care system he could have done without the American doctors.

don

That's about one doctor for every hundred in his staff...I don't really find that objectionable...If one of my staff got sick overseas, I might not want to trust their treatment to unknown foreign medical personnel......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    That's about one doctor for every hundred in his staff...I don't really find that objectionable...If one of my staff got sick overseas, I might not want to trust their treatment to unknown foreign medical personnel......Ben
    Maybe ok depending on where he's going. But, this is London, not Nairobi.....

If he does eat the food there, he'll need all six doctors.

Still might not be enough.

BLEAH!!!

Kidney pie!