Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emperor Obama goes to London ...with 500 flunkies in tow.

And blood pudding.

DOUBLE BLEAH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    And blood pudding.

DOUBLE BLEAH!!!
    I guess you wouldn't like boudin rouge, either.

Everyone loves boudin blanc. That's the easiest kind to find.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Kidney pie!
    Blood pudding! They'll need a planeload of Tums......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

A pint and sheep's brain just before bed, does not get any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I don't give a damn who is in the White House, this is BS that needs to stop.
    Yep....so much for that hopey changey thingy. And especially not when you have put the country about 2 trillion dollars in debt in your first year and a half.

I am not really so offended by this. The Secret Service agents are certainly not "flunkies", I really don't know in today's times when a President travels to a city that has had several serious terrorist attacks, and a large, might I say "fringe" Muslim population is needed for protection (I mention the Muslims since as I recall the suspects in the attacks proclaimed to be so). However, no matter the cost I don't want our President hurt, so to this thread I say whatever it takes, I just don't know how much it takes, the line between absolute safety and indulgence is unclear to me.

You guys forgot to razz him about bringing his own water. Or is that ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Compu Doc View Post
    You guys forgot to razz him about bringing his own water. Or is that ok?
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by Fulltimer View Post
    When the President of the United States of America goes somewhere he is not simply an individual traveling he is the commander in chief of the military and the most powerful civilian leader in the free world. His job does not stop because he is traveling overseas, in fact it gets more intense as he is meeting other heads of state, both friends and enemies.

It is the office of President traveling and whether it goes to London, Kennebunkport, Florida, or Crawford Texas it is still the most influencial position in the world.

Obama has cut back from a staff of 700 advisors, body guards, and staff that went with the last President to only 500 for this trip.

Looks like he is walking the walk on smaller government instead of simply paying lip service.
    BS, michelle needed the other 400 to travel with her, her daugher, and her 30 friends to Spain.......
    "Illegal Immigrant" is not a race....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams

DanH is offline Sept. 06, 1927 - May 24, 2018
    Adventurer Par Excellence!
    May He Rest In Peace
    The whole point of my arguement against 'Emperor' Obama trucking an extravaganza to a 3 day meeting is: Leaders are supposed to LEAD ... and leading starts with setting an example for the followers to note and follow. The USA is in a FU'd mess economically ...and here Obama goes out strutting and squandering the taxpayer's money on nothing of value to the taxpayers or the country. Further, in this modern era, leaders can be just as effective staying put and having 'tele-conferences' with anybody anywhere in the world. Nope, Obama went on my sh!t list for this fiasco, and he'll stay there.
    "PUSH TO FLUSH"

Quote Originally Posted by SBA View Post
    The whole point of my arguement against 'Emperor' Obama trucking an extravaganza to a 3 day meeting is: Leaders are supposed to LEAD ... and leading starts with setting an example for the followers to note and follow. The USA is in a FU'd mess economically ...and here Obama goes out strutting and squandering the taxpayer's money on nothing of value to the taxpayers or the country. Further, in this modern era, leaders can be just as effective staying put and having 'tele-conferences' with anybody anywhere in the world. Nope, Obama went on my sh!t list for this fiasco, and he'll stay there.

Let me buy you a cold Corona light.

So it was ok for Bush to bring 700 people?. It was ok for Bush to spend money tacking down WMD's that never existed?. It was ok for Bush to spend billions on two wars?. Did Bush ever make your sh!t list?

Did Bush ever make your sh!t list?
    I think I remember one or two instances in which SBA was mildly displeased with President Bush......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Not that I really care as to when you became so frugal with Uncle sam's money, but weren't you the guy blowing up chit in Vietnam just wasting a bunch of it? Or the treatment to the tune of 160K on your prostrate not that is a bad thing. Or like others have pointed out the waste of former presidents.

Just wondering as to why now you want to save a buck, Dan?
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Did Bush ever make your sh!t list?
    Where have you been?
    "Illegal Immigrant" is not a race....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams