Thread: Democrats to Propose Extending Middle-Class Tax Cuts

Democrats to Propose Extending Middle-Class Tax Cuts

Senate Democrats will soon advance a plan to make permanent President George W. Bush's 2001 tax cuts for middle-class Americans earning less than $200,000, but let the tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans expire, two Senate party aides said Tuesday. They will also propose to reinstate a 45% estate tax on individuals for the next two years.

The emerging tax plan is designed, as much as anything else, to clarify the differences between the two parties as they hurtle toward the fall elections. Following on their success with the financial-regulatory-reform bill, Democrats are betting that Republicans will once again take up a legislative battle on behalf of the wealthy. "Republicans are going to have a real choice ahead of them," says a Democratic aide. "Are you for extending these tax cuts for middle-class families or are you against them because you want to protect tax cuts for the wealthiest 1% of Americans?"
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/2010072...08599200538900

Damn choices...
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Question Fred, have you ever got a job from a poor person or broke company?
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

My personal tax situation has never influenced either hiring or expansion of my business one way or another--you show me someone who claims it has and I'll show you someone who should have stupid tattooed across his forehead

Do you suppose that your chubby buddy and the rest of the talking heads you are so endeared to ---just might have a personal bias on this issue--since it will get into their pockets

I have to give the Dems credit on this one--they actually found a smart position--a bit of a surprise.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis