Thread: Palin sparks Twitter fight on mosque

Palin sparks Twitter fight on mosque

Sarah Palin, who waded into a New York political fight by endorsing Ann Marie Buerkle in NY-25, is drifting into a decidedly higher-charged battle: The fray over a planned mosque near Ground Zero.

"Peace-seeking Muslims, pls understand, Ground Zero mosque is UNNECESSARY provocation; it stabs hearts. Pls reject it in interest of healing," she tweeted Sunday. (See the week's best one-liners.)

The building's planners, the American Society for Muslim Advancement and the Cordoba Initiative, have said it's modeled on religious and community centers such as the YMCA, and that the 13-story, $100 million building would also include an arts center, gym and a swimming pool, as well as a mosque. It would be two blocks away from Ground Zero.

The project, which has become an increasingly partisan issue in New York, received a renewed burst of national attention when CBS and NBC rejected an ad from the National Republican Trust PAC that crosscut footage of the 9/11 attacks with the sounds of Muslim prayer.

"On Sept. 11, they declared war against us," a narrator says. "And to celebrate that murder of 3,000 Americans, they want to build a monstrous 13-story mosque at ground zero."

While a recent poll showed a majority of New Yorkers oppose the plan to build the mosque built near Ground Zero, an aide in Mayor Michael Bloomberg's City Hall hit back at Palin, first tweeting “@SarahPalinUSA mind your business." (The Arena: Is Sarah Palin anti-Muslim or anti-elite?)

The aide, policy hand Andrea Batista Schlesinger, followed that up with:

"@SarahPalinUSA whose hearts? Racist hearts?"

Schlesinger deleted both tweets shortly after posting them.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/201...politico/39899

Getting a little warm in there Sarah?????
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

According to the article, she isnt the one who deleted anything. How would it be hot for her when her attacker is the one who backed down? Palin is a mouthpiece, yet she is treated as a candidate. She may decide to run for an office, but she wont get past a primary. At least she isnt out shouting WOOOOO like Ric Flair.
    Guns don't kill people. Zombies kill people.

LOL but she gets the Dems all riled up and they focus on something that isnt even going to matter.

Kind of goes along with the joke line........you know how to keep an idiot occupied......

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    LOL but she gets the Dems all riled up and they focus on something that isnt even going to matter.

Kind of goes along with the joke line........you know how to keep an idiot occupied......

gosh I hope this is true

at the very least it keeps Fred occupied scouring the wires looking for a sarah story....

at the very least it keeps Fred occupied scouring the wires looking for a sarah story....
    Better than answering some dumb rants here.
    Fred

stayed alive."

You normally never do, just stir the **** and leave.

You normally never do, just stir the **** and leave.
    Must be similar to the other side not providing any positive cr@p to say then. Because when called out they seem to change the subject. Like the two poster here.
    Fred

stayed alive."

:yawn: