Thread: Abortion foes win a round in health overhaul

Abortion foes win a round in health overhaul

Trying to head off more problems, the Health and Human Services Department announced last week the program will not cover abortions except in cases of rape, incest or when the mother's life is in danger — exceptions traditionally allowed under federal law.

That's a more restrictive policy than will be generally applied under Obama's new health care law.

Starting in 2014, the overhaul will allow federally subsidized health insurance plans to cover abortions, but only if policyholders pay for coverage separately and the money is segregated from government funds.

The current program for the high-risk uninsured was also authorized by the health care law, as temporary help for the most vulnerable until the big coverage expansion in 2014. But Congress didn't spell out how to deal with abortion.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100719/...rhaul_abortion

Details, details, details.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Another lie, Another lie, Another lie

If the Dem's control, and Pres is reelected, then I agree the lie will change to reality...............that is not a statement of where I stand on the issue, just where I see the politics going.