Thread: Put "America back to work" says unlikely U.S Senate candidate

Put "America back to work" says unlikely U.S Senate candidate

Unlikely U.S. Senate nominee Alvin Greene introduced himself to a worldwide audience as well as curious neighbors Sunday as he laid out his platform in an eight-minute speech that alternated between forceful and awkward.

Nearly 400 people, including TV networks and reporters from as far as London , packed a middle school gym in his hometown to hear South Carolina's Democratic U.S. Senate candidate deliver his first known campaign speech.

They came to hear the 32-year-old unemployed veteran who easily — and surprisingly — won last month's primary over a better-known and much better funded opponent. He now faces Republican Sen. Jim DeMint .

"My campaign is about getting South Carolina and America back to work, and moving South Carolina and America forward," Greene said. " South Carolina and America cannot afford six more years of my opponent."

In dozens of post-primary interviews, Greene had revealed himself as a man of few words but offered little about why he's running or what he'd do.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20...latchy/3570075

I guess he fits in the vote the other guy out no matter what party, but would the vocal vote the guy out here group vote for him???
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Just goes to show some people do not check into a candidate before casting a vote. Oh well, he certainly couldnt do any worse than the idiots that are in there now. The funny thing is, he is a rookie but he sounds just as confused as the old timers.

Instead of waiting with baited breath to pounce on one of us "othersiders" you might want to try and fathom the connection between your last Presidential vote and the way the people voted to get this guy into office. He certainly wasnt the only Dem candidate to vote for, and he clearly had no idea of what he was undertaking, so how did the people who voted for him justify that vote? Does it show another total lack of understanding by the voters as to what kind of candidate they put into office and why things are so messed up in this country?

Or the short version, are the voters being stupid again?