Thread: Obama says Republicans playing politics with jobless

Obama says Republicans playing politics with jobless

President Barack Obama accused his Republican opponents on Monday of playing election-year politics by refusing to join with Democrats in approving an extension of U.S. jobless benefits.

Obama, under pressure to reduce the 9.5 percent U.S. jobless rate, sought to direct some of Americans' frustration over the sputtering economy toward the Republicans, who are hoping for big gains in November 2 congressional elections.

In Rose Garden remarks, Obama said Republicans have opposed a $34 billion extension of benefits for the unemployed in this instance but had voted for such an extension when Republican President George W. Bush had asked for them.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100719/..._obama_economy

Here we go again.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

You mean hes not a uniter?!
    Guns don't kill people. Zombies kill people.

Just like Obama to only tell half of the story....the Repubs are okay with extending the benefits, but they want the money "paid for" from some other giveaway. Whats wrong with that? Wasnt it the Dems that crowed about "PAYGO" and their insistence on using it??

Only problem is.........they have no used it one time since they passed the law!!!!

In fact the Repubs went so far as to suggest using some of the stimulus funds to cover it but the Dems refused.....but then mr drama obama wouldnt have anything to whine about and neither would you.