Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is anyone listening---or REPORTING?

Might as well save your fingers Saggy, some folks just love to pray to the CBO god to be the final say so on everything financial. Well it seems to me if the fellers at the CBO where so F'N good we would not be in all this financial boondoggle that we are now in. Or maybe someone needs to kick the shins of our politicians to get their attention to the numbers and strategies the CBO gods are showing them, whatever the case something is very wrong somewhere, when you can have a group like the CBO crunching every number available, running every scenario, and still have the economy go into the crapper.

Call me a fool, an idiot, stupid, whatever you want to, but in my book if the numbers dont line up the way they were supposed to, one group or the other needs to go.

The CBO can only provide the analysis. They cannot write the legislation, nor pass it, nor sign it into law. Don't blame the messenger for the message, Tx. Politicians are free to ignore the CBO and often do. They also often modify the final legislation, meaning that the CBO's analysis just got blown up, when they pass the final version of the law. The CBO runs the numbers and that's all they do. Save your ire for Congress which often times ignores the CBO.

Kinda like you are doing. And for the same reasons - they don't like the answers the CBO is providing.