Thread: Getting a liitle stange out there----- No 'fiesta' for Idaho county GOP group

Getting a liitle stange out there----- No 'fiesta' for Idaho county GOP group

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100708/...tion_no_fiesta

An Idaho county Republican group plans to celebrate next month's Bonner County Fair. Just don't call it a "fiesta."

In a nod to Arizona's tough new illegal immigration law, the county GOP will decorate its booth at fair but avoid using the Spanish word in the event's official theme: "Fiesta at the Fair."

In a letter to Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, the county GOP's chairman, Cornel Rasor, says his group wants to "make it very clear that English is our primary language, and call our booths 'Celebrate!' and display some Arizona license plates if you have some to spare."

The fair's board chairman says the event was dubbed a "fiesta" merely because it's a fun theme to decorate with.
    What next boycott Taco Bell/Del Taco and that sauce from New York City????
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Those folks in Idaho are still stinging from the whole Freedom Fry movement where the President wanted everyone to stop eating French fries for some reason......Was that when we declared France an enemy or something?

don