Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Does he stay or does he go?

Does he stay or does he go?

Tomorrow General Stanley McCrhystal is going to meet with President Obama due to the controversial Rolling Stone Magazine Interview. Does Obama fire him or does he resign or are things worked out?

Interview can be read here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/17390/119236

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    If it was me Obama would get the middle finger as I walked out of the office.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Very classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Rightwing View Post
    If it was me Obama would get the middle finger as I walked out of the office.
    Barry would just have to ask Joe and see if that was a "big f'ing deal" heheh.

I can see where this would be a rather large mess, but how far flung is it from when a Senator or a Congressman steps up to any podium and calls the President something? Teddy K and his lie,after lie,after lie or pelosi spouting her trash against W should also be considered disrespectful as well. Actually the POTUS is congresses "boss" so why do they get a free pass? I think Obama is just pissed,because the general gets more respect than he does, and that includes worldwide. After the glow has worn off, people are starting to see that Barry and his "big show" productions may look good for the cameras, but do not work out according to plan in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    I can see where this would be a rather large mess, but how far flung is it from when a Senator or a Congressman steps up to any podium and calls the President something? Teddy K and his lie,after lie,after lie or pelosi spouting her trash against W should also be considered disrespectful as well. Actually the POTUS is congresses "boss" so why do they get a free pass? I think Obama is just pissed,because the general gets more respect than he does, and that includes worldwide. After the glow has worn off, people are starting to see that Barry and his "big show" productions may look good for the cameras, but do not work out according to plan in the real world.
    Actually it's about the respect of the chain of command. Sure you and I grumble about our bosses and what idiots they are yet we don't say that to the newspapers, etc. It shows contempt for the commander in chief.

I expect him to resign.

http://www.stripes.com/news/middle-e...ation-1.108154
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I bet he does too. Not much left for him to do now. Again I have to add, that politicians have gotten to the point where they do not listen to anybody when they have an agenda to fulfill. The generals are dealing with peoples lives when they enact a strategy, the politicians only deal with polls. I believe that a general will worry more about their men and base their plans on protecting them as much as possible, yet still accomplish the mission while the politician looks at it from the budget hit, polling hit, anything but the bottom line.

If politicians really believed in the chain of command, they should try and do more for all of the people instead of just the ones that will vote for them. They have forgotten the chain of command the founding fathers started many years ago and was made apparent by the much argued HC bill. Even though a majority of people wanted them to wait and make a good decision, they turned a deaf ear and pushed on with a bill that the people didnt like, really changed very little for the good and was only done for their own self fulfilling desires.

I suspect he will resign rather than suffer any more indignity at the hands of the obamanation in the White House.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    Actually the POTUS is congresses "boss" so why do they get a free pass?
    Really?

I am begining to understand the reason many of you guys are so far out in left field about constitutional law, political positions, and the workings of our federal government.

The Executive Branch is not the "Boss" of the Legislative Branch or the Judicial.

Under the Constitution of the United States of America there is a seperation of power that was designed to allow for the checks and balances that operates in our system.

Because Congress controls the purse strings, the appointment process, writes all the laws, and oversees all the agencies and their regulatory powers it places more of the control in the hands of congress with the President merely following their orders.

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    To you on the left, is what was said in the magazine article true? Is the clowns over the General really doing as it said?
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulltimer View Post
    Really?

I am begining to understand the reason many of you guys are so far out in left field about constitutional law, political positions, and the workings of our federal government.

The Executive Branch is not the "Boss" of the Legislative Branch or the Judicial.

Under the Constitution of the United States of America there is a seperation of power that was designed to allow for the checks and balances that operates in our system.

Because Congress controls the purse strings, the appointment process, writes all the laws, and oversees all the agencies and their regulatory powers it places more of the control in the hands of congress with the President merely following their orders.
    You were doing good until that last sentence. The President doesn't follow Congress' orders any more than they follow his. The President can veto any bill he chooses. While Congress can overide a veto, it doesn't happen often.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You were doing good until that last sentence. The President doesn't follow Congress' orders any more than they follow his. The President can veto any bill he chooses. While Congress can overide a veto, it doesn't happen often.
    They do have the power to override any veto and they do control the purse strings.

Congress is the representitives of the people as in The Government of the People, for the People, and by the People.

....... they do control the purse strings.
    It should be obvious they don't............

Really?

I guess some people forgot all that during all those years where everything was Bush's fault.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I suspect he will resign rather than suffer any more indignity at the hands of the obamanation in the White House.
    I suspect you're right. When you're the Commanding General, you can't say the POTUS and his staff are complete morons, even when they are complete morons. He'll resign, and right a book. Afghanistan will further deteriorate, and go to hell in a handbasket, and obama will go down in history as the President who lost that war....