Thread: Former Reagan speechwriter slams McCain immigration ad

Former Reagan speechwriter slams McCain immigration ad

Robinson writes that Reagan would have disapproved of a border fence on principle. "The man who called on Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin wall would have felt an aversion to a barrier on our own border, even one intended to keep aliens out, not citizens in," Robinson writes.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_...1lcnJlYWdhbg--

That'll sting some Republican's wall puller downers or put-er-uppers. :whistle::whistle:
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

DanH is offline Sept. 06, 1927 - May 24, 2018
    Adventurer Par Excellence!
    May He Rest In Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    That'll sting some Republican's wall puller downers or put-er-uppers. :whistle::whistle:
    Reagan was a 'B-Film' movie actor, his primary skill was reading scripts written by somebody else. Regardless, the 'Reagan Era' was not one where mega-millions of illegals invaded the USA and their presence here enabled the biggest drug/etc. smuggling operations ever or even imagined during Reagan's time. Judging from the 26,000 drug related killing in Mexico since 2006, it becomes obvious the illegal assistants in the USA aren't doing Mexico any good either.
    "PUSH TO FLUSH"

Quote Originally Posted by SBA View Post
    Reagan was a 'B-Film' movie actor, his primary skill was reading scripts written by somebody else. Regardless, the 'Reagan Era' was not one where mega-millions of illegals invaded the USA and their presence here enabled the biggest drug/etc. smuggling operations ever or even imagined during Reagan's time. Judging from the 26,000 drug related killing in Mexico since 2006, it becomes obvious the illegal assistants in the USA aren't doing Mexico any good either.
    I was going to say the same thing. This is not the same world Reagan lived in. During his time we didn't have open warfare on the southern border, and we didn't have AlQaeda trying to get operatives into the country for nefarious reasons either....