Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton says rich not paying their fair share

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    You've already received one answer, from me, so I don't think it can be said that "no one" has answered you.
    You never said what your answer was, you posted a graph and said it is hard to put a number on, or some such. It's a simple question, if the cry is the rich don't pay enough of their income, what percentage should they pay?
    Flat tax, yeah that'll work. Those people whining because they rich are only in 40% tax brackets etc, would really be happy if a flat tax was passed and everyone only paid 12%. Or would it be a not so flat tax and the rich have to pay more?

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    .......Flat tax, yeah that'll work. Those people whining because they rich are only in 40% tax brackets etc, would really be happy if a flat tax was passed and everyone only paid 12%. Or would it be a not so flat tax and the rich have to pay more?
    There you go again asking if the rich got to pay more? You deduct the corp jet and boat out of the home away from home BS taken now they'd being paying more.

But how do you regulate spending $$$ out of the country???? Maybe a departure tax from air and seaports. So what about the little guy flying his homemade plane or riding his bike to Canada or Mexico? Firgure out all the angles and get back to me.

You got a real good tax accountant to squirrel the savings away? I'll bet the rich have a better group and shelter more than you've could dream about.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

You never said what your answer was,
    That's because there is no "right" number, only one that people agree on at a given point in time. You looked for the "right" number and my answer is "there isn't any".

Not the type of answer you were looking for, perhaps, but then again, I didn't feel I was bound by your framing of the question.

DanH is offline Sept. 06, 1927 - May 24, 2018
    Adventurer Par Excellence!
    May He Rest In Peace
    You looked for the "right" number and my answer is "there isn't any".

Does this mean Der Kevin is not paying his fair share ?

:whistle:
    "PUSH TO FLUSH"

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    There you go again asking if the rich got to pay more? You deduct the corp jet and boat out of the home away from home BS taken now they'd being paying more.

But how do you regulate spending $$$ out of the country???? Maybe a departure tax from air and seaports. So what about the little guy flying his homemade plane or riding his bike to Canada or Mexico? Firgure out all the angles and get back to me.

You got a real good tax accountant to squirrel the savings away? I'll bet the rich have a better group and shelter more than you've could dream about.
    My tax accountant is aTurbo Tax.....Tim Geithner Edition!!!!
    The top 1% and top 10% of wage earners pay how much of the taxes again. How much burden should they pay to suit you....

That's because there is no "right" number, only one that people agree on at a given point in time. You looked for the "right" number and my answer is "there isn't any".

Not the type of answer you were looking for, perhaps, but then again, I didn't feel I was bound by your framing of the question.
    Nope, I think if a person is going to sit back and whine about the rich not paying their fair share, they should be able to put a number on what the "fair share" is....otherwise, it's all just jealous BS......

You'll note I was not the one complaining, though.

"Fair" isn't a metric I'm able to come up with very well. I can come up with different numbers depending on what outcome is desired but "fair" is not something I've been trained as an economist to get into.

I'd suggest Mr dog your "question" garnered little response simply due to the "question". Not only is it rather pointless it is obviously intended not for information but meaningless argument.

Regarding your statement:

Nope, I think if a person is going to sit back and whine about the rich not paying their fair share, they should be able to put a number on what the "fair share" is....otherwise, it's all just jealous BS......
    Once again you rush to an illogical conclusion. You ignore there are those within this group that believe they are paying less than their "fair share"..obviously their view is not as you suggest "just jealous BS"
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I'd suggest Mr dog your "question" garnered little response simply due to the "question".

Once again you rush to an illogical conclusion. You ignore there are those within this group that believe they are paying less than their "fair share"..obviously their view is not as you suggest "just jealous BS"

So, LD

Garner more response and make more logical conclusions---simply by asking only the questions that the "respondees" are "champing at the bit" to answer. You can get advise on how to do this from the uber-liberal MSM.
    Sam

You'll note I was not the one complaining, though.

Never said you were....

I'd suggest Mr dog your "question" garnered little response simply due to the "question". Not only is it rather pointless it is obviously intended not for information but meaningless argument.

Regarding your statement:

It's pretty simple really, if you cannot, or are not willing to put a number or percentage of what "fair share" is, then you cannot say someone is not paying it. If you can't define it, then it's all just whining...

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy View Post
    So, LD

Garner more response and make more logical conclusions---simply by asking only the questions that the "respondees" are "champing at the bit" to answer. You can get advise on how to do this from the uber-liberal MSM.
    They're just afraid to actually post a number showing how much of their own money "the rich" should be "allowed" to keep, because they know how ugly that number would actually look when written down....
    http://www.taxfoundation.org/blog/show/23392.html
    In 2006, the top 1 percent of tax returns paid 39.9 percent of all federal individual income taxes and earned 22.1 percent of adjusted gross income, both of which are significantly higher than 2004 when the top 1 percent earned 19 percent of adjusted gross income (AGI) and paid 36.9 percent of federal individual income taxes. In 1990, those figures were 14 percent and 25.1 percent, respectively.
    Top 1% paying almost 40%.......how much should they pay?

If you have a serious interest in this then I suggest you forget about a singular focus on Federal Income Tax and the published effective tax rates--since they are anything but "effective".

Effective should be the actual rate of taxation---prior to AGI calculations. It should also include all taxes, not simply Federal Income tax.

If you look into this you will find out that even the Federal Tax falls off for the highest incomes.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

If you have a serious interest in this then I suggest you forget about a singular focus on Federal Income Tax and the published effective tax rates--since they are anything but "effective".

Effective should be the actual rate of taxation---prior to AGI calculations. It should also include all taxes, not simply Federal Income tax.

If you look into this you will find out that even the Federal Tax falls off for the highest incomes.
    The top 1% pays 40% of income tax. They also pay the sales tax on the high dollar toys they buy....luxury cars, boats, planes, etc., then in states like mine they also pay yearly property tax on them. They pay property taxes, school taxes, etc, on their expensive homes every year. They pay taxes on all the stuff they buy just like you and I, except what they buy is usually more expensive than what I buy so they pay more taxes on that stuff too.

Let me try to put this to you gently dog--I don't believe we are in the same tax bracket

Secondly--they do not pay 40% Federal Tax on their entire income.

Just for giggles since this is pretty easy to understand--I pay 15% + SS Tax---on a portion of my income--on the rest---nothing.