Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NYC bomb

Quote Originally Posted by chew 'n' spit View Post
    Ok the Army doctor was just like the kid in Oklahoma, with all the same motivations.............I am quite done with the insanity of this post...........

you wouldn't be feeling so insane, if you would step back and stop trying to assign your fictional motivations to my posts

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndthyme View Post
    Army Dr who turned extremist was Virgina born, btw

LD, it seems the "experts" aren't in agreeance with you

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/03/anatomy-bomb/

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/03/...ex.html?hpt=T1
    I'll put an old car in my back field and set it up the same way and light it if you'll sit in it since you are so sure it won't work....
    "Illegal Immigrant" is not a race....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams

You guys have it all wrong. Here's my theory, so correct me if i am wrong.

Items found in the car:
    The Pathfinder, with a license plate taken from a car now in a repair shop in Connecticut, was rigged with propane gas cylinders, gasoline cans, fertilizer, fireworks and timing devices when it was found in Times Square
    source

On his way to a steelers game in his new SUV, most known vehicle for taking over from the driver and causing all sorts of havoc, i.e. SUV runs down pedestrians, SUV kills three, injures two, etc, when he realized that his tags were expired. Stopped by Habbib's shop, who was a friend of a friend who sells gas grills on the side because his main business of Autobody and fertilizer shop was failing, picks up a new tag, some grill parts, and a bag of cow crap to make Habbib feel better.

Stay with me!

Whilst en route to the Steelers game, upon hearing of the possible trade of the troubled QB, the gentleman buys some gas cans to mow grass to raise money to ship him off because Americans are infidels and our women are less than camel dung!

Almost there!

So, he drives to the hardware store, then a walmart after realizing that the hardware store isnt allowed to sell guns, so whats the point of a gun case sale, grabs the wire and utinsils to toss in the gun case as projectiles to stab the infidel QB in the eye, and stumbles on a great deal for fire crackers! Little does he know, they were made by illegal aliens in Ca, so the quality isnt what it should be, and tapes them to the gas cans with double sided duct tape, the Handyman's secret weapon! If it moves and isnt supposed to, duct tape is the answer! He tried to make them into shape charges, but the explosion was muffled by the tape, so they werent strong enough to set any can of whatever off, which would have made the other cans of whatever go off, slinging cow crap all over the place, including utinsils in the eye of hte QB infidel!

I could be wrong, but i wont admit it if i am.
    Guns don't kill people. Zombies kill people.

I'll put an old car in my back field and set it up the same way and light it if you'll sit in it since you are so sure it won't work....
    With today's technology there is no need to go to all that trouble of dragging a car around and travel expense for T.

Why don't you just try it on one in your front yard and video it---then if it works out for you just post it on You Tube------come to think of it you might even turn it into a barbecue
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    With today's technology there is no need to go to all that trouble of dragging a car around and travel expense for T.

Why don't you just try it on one in your front yard and video it---then if it works out for you just post it on You Tube------come to think of it you might even turn it into a barbecue
    Nope, that takes the whole "put your money where your mouth is" out of the equation. If one is so sure that it won't work, there should be no problem being right beside the car....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams

The bigger story here is, this is the second time since the Christmas bomber in the last 6 months, where a bomb has failed to go completely off! There would have been many casualties in both, the "underwear bomber" and now the NY SUV bomber, had their charges gone off as they were supposed to. I thought the new approach to bow to all the Islam countries and sit and talk to them was going to fix all of this. It Hasnt! Obama and his admin need to pull their heads out and start doing their job of protecting the American people again. After 9/11 W made it a point to make sure another attack could not happen. This bunch of clowns have let the ball slip and now with the diversion in Arizona, anyone with bad intentions have an open door to waltz right in to our country and nobody is trying to stop them for fear of offending the Meskins.

Laugh, poke fun or roll your eyes all you want. Just a small mistake that the novice bomber made (they arent the smartest bunch to begin with) and without that mistake many lives would have been lost and many more affected. When are our leaders going to start taking this serious? Somebody has a clenched fist and they are fixing to give us a beating with it, if our political leaders as well as many American citizens do not get a clue as to what is in store for us. 2 bombs in 6 months and its all a joke? Really??

You have to wonder how many IED's, which this was, fail to go off in Iraq and Afghanistan, that are never known about, leaving them to try again later. Only difference here is this vehicle was found out.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    Somebody has a clenched fist and they are fixing to give us a beating with it, if our political leaders as well as many American citizens do not get a clue as to what is in store for us. 2 bombs in 6 months and its all a joke? Really??
    Evidently it is a joking matter for barry.....
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/...l?hpid=artslot
    Everyone agrees that President Obama was funnier than Jay Leno at the White House Correspondents Association dinner on Saturday night. But this joke is inspiring some backlash:

"Jonas Brothers are here, they're out there somewhere. Sasha and Malia are huge fans, but boys, don't get any ideas. Two words for you: predator drones. You will never see it coming. You think I'm joking?"
    "You have to wonder why in the world the president's speech writers would think it was a good idea to throw a joke about predator drones into the president's speech during the White House Correspondent's Dinner, given that an estimated one-third of drone casualties, or between 289 and 378, have been civilians," wrote Adam Serwer at the American Prospect.

"Let's be honest, fellow progressives, we'd be all over Bush if he made the same 'predator drone' joke Obama told last night," Philadelphia Daily News' Will Bunch tweeted.

Drone attacks in Pakistan have killed hundreds of suspected insurgents since early 2009 -- but they have also killed civilians and stirred up animosity towards the U.S. in Pakistan.

President Bush was pilloried for making light of the lack of WMDs in Iraq at the 2004 White House Correspondents' Dinner. Does Obama deserve similar treatment?
    It's all just a big joke to him, and will be until we get hit again.......then it will be Bush's fault somehow...

yes our leaders aren't taking terrorism seriously, they should start several wars, enact a law that expands their powers, use the miltary, cia, fbi and dhs... at the very least they should be using some kind of monitering of communications ... point at people and talk like cowboys

what is it you want to see TX?

First...that is exactly the type of smart ass reply we dont need to hear. The current admin has gone so far as to not even mention the word "terrorist" since they took office. The terrorists have taken that as a sign of weakness and are "doing their terror thing" again. But then again many people were made fun of for suggesting it was going to happen. In order to project respect from azzhats like these radicals you have to keep them on the run. Letting them know that they are no longer as big a target has only made them more brazen, but then again many of us said that. Obama on his word apology tour and bowing to the will of everybody he sees has made the radicals brave again, but again.......

You have no ideas yourself, just smartass replies and the ability to poke fun at the Palin clan, so why waste yours and my time by even offering up a retort that has no substance?? You have it in for me for some reason, which doesnt really bother me in the least , but is that the best you can do? Smartass replies?

The current admin has gone so far as to not even mention the word "terrorist" since they took office.

Just curious----- do you guys believe your own bull chit or do you just throw it out there in the hopes that some other idiot will read it and believe it
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

TX, you seem to want everyone here to be terrorized? should we be scared? would that make you happy? that stuff about the word terrorist, is a lie. Our President didn't go on an apology tour, no one has been told or shown they aren't being targeted. You evidently have so much respect for extremists you think they have your level of logic and motivations? If our country begins to experience regular car bombs, I still won't be terrorized, I will be angry and advocate for better law enforcement systems but I damn well won't be scared.

Well Dave, you seem to be able to find just about anything you look for so do some checking on the media comments that Napolitano made when talking about "terrorists" or is the sand down there getting in your ears?. Obama himself was struggling with the "man made disasters" or something along those lines comment and many in the media make jokes about it and how he refused to say the word "terrorist". As much as you and others couldnt stand W, we got attacked one time, after we got over that shock, we tightened up many things and we were never attacked again.Are all the rules perfect, No, but at least it worked.

Your guy seems to think that if he makes the world like him, all problems disappear, well that hasnt worked has it? Explain your wonderful views to the families of the soldiers killed in Waco, maybe they will buy the naive ideas you do, but I seriously doubt it. If it wasnt for a small mistake in chemicals, a whole plane load of people on Christmas would have gone up in smoke and the same goes for some very lucky people in Times Square. Yesterdays news conference, where everybody got a cramp from patting themselves on the back, was comical in a way,because they all took credit for their good work, when they did absolutely nothing. Despite Napolitanos best efforts, the guy was on the no-fly list, yet still got on the plane. The Christmas bomber's Dad called the authorities himself and warned them, yet he flew halfway around the world and was minutes away from his destination when his plan failed, and you think that she has the right to stand in front of TV cameras and take credit for anything. Holder is a bigger bumbling idiot than W ever was, seems like you always have to wait for the second news conference from him, because his first one is either over ruled because it was stupid to begin with, or it was not possible to do. The detectives and cops who were the real heros here, just did their jobs in rapid time and tracked down a needle in a haystack, while the TSA bozos, who had nothing to do but look at a name on a list....couldnt even do that right!!!

With that said let me use a line from you..... "do you guys believe your own bull chit or do you just throw it out there in the hopes that some other idiot will read it and believe it"

Maybe he explains it in better terms.....
    By: Ronald Kessler
    As originally conceived by Osama bin Laden, al-Qaida would conduct occasional massive attacks on the United States to terrify its citizens and devastate the economy.

That worked well on 9/11, but the United States has since waged a successful war to penetrate, isolate, and dismantle al-Qaida.

Like the United States, al-Qaida and its affiliates have learned to adapt, so what we are seeing now are more-frequent, less-ambitious attacks by people who have minimal training. That apparently was the case with Faisal Shahzad, who allegedly has admitted his role in the botched bombing attempt in Times Square and is talking to investigators, according to Attorney General Eric Holder.

Although no definite link has been announced, the area of Pakistan where Shahzad recently traveled is a stronghold of the Taliban, which works closely with al-Qaida.

Similarly, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, who has been charged with attempting to blow up a Northwest Airlines plane on Christmas Day, received training from al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula but apparently not enough to blow up the plane.

A third category of terrorist, Nidal Malik Hasan, was inspired by an al-Qaida imam but did not receive training.The evolution of terrorism is both good news and bad news. The good news is that spectacular attacks are being prevented, thanks to the hard work of the CIA, FBI, local police, and the military.

Bin Laden is isolated, unable to plan plots. Predator drone strikes are taking out more al-Qaida leaders and operatives. Although President Obama deserves credit for continuing the strikes, the reason for the increase in successful attacks is a geometric increase in the number of drones funded by the Bush administration, improved intelligence, and good weather so far this year in target areas.

The bad news is that the terror attacks, while less ambitious, are coming more frequently and eventually will be successful.

While the Obama administration has dithered on such questions as holding a civilian trial for Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and on closing the prison camp at Guantanamo Bay, its most serious deficiencies have been in not aggressively interrogating terrorist suspects overseas and in motivating CIA officers to take risks.

In questioning suspects, the administration has ordered that interrogators follow the Army Field Manual, which allows suspects more rights than they would have if the FBI or local police were interrogating them. To carry out interrogations, it has created a High Value Interrogation Group, which Pakistan does not trust and will not allow into the country.

As outlined in the Newsmax story "Jim Woolsey: Nuclear Iran 'Extremely' Likely," Holder’s decision to revisit whether CIA officers who used interrogation methods approved by the Bush administration, the Justice Department, and key members of Congress violated criminal laws has sent shivers up the backs of CIA officers.

What has not come out previously is that, for the past year, the Democrats on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence have been taking up valuable resources of the CIA conducting a parallel investigation of the enhanced interrogation program. The committee has obtained from the CIA 10 million documents, each of which had to be retrieved and reviewed by the CIA before being released to the committee. Up to 12 analysts from the CIA have been assigned to help in the review.

When you consider that CIA officers from around the world have had to help, the investigation has cost millions of dollars. It has further strengthened the resolve of many CIA officers to continue drawing their salaries without doing anything that could be considered controversial if it faced review later.

Meanwhile, President Obama continues to refer to the attacks as having been carried out by individual violent extremists, rather than as being part of a terrorist war that threatens the survival of the United States.

For all his good intentions, until Obama recognizes that fact and proceeds accordingly, the safety of the country will be in jeopardy.
    http://newsmax.com/Headline/NewYork-...5/04/id/357837

Apparently the Attorney General hasn't gotten the word because he certainly used the word--they are charging this guy with an act of terrorism--how about that.

I am fully aware of the sensitivity of the term used in conjunction with Islam--and understand the rational behind it. While I am not in agreement with the PC aspects I do respect the thinking.

Your claim is not only incorrect--it is flat dishonest--and if you are unable to see that you have a serious problem.

One of the more offensive things about some of the talking heads is not only their lack of civility but their absolute lack of concern for truth and honesty--they simply are without any moral guide lines or principles.

Apparently you have no problem to align yourself with that crowd and that practice.