Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NYC bomb

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndthyme View Post
    and what we are talking about here is the failure to accomplish detonation... not what could have happened if the man had any knowledge of what he was doing or at least a bit of dumb luck
    No, you were acting like it couldn't or had very little chance of going off. My stance is that it is more likely it would go off than not, and it was dumb luck that it didn't. I base my stance on my education and experience.
    "Illegal Immigrant" is not a race....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams

well, I 'm not going to be put in a position of media worship, we know they are often flawed but when the officer describes particular items as in the back, then some items in the back seat followed by specifically stating certain items were on the floor of the back seat... I think my deduction is reasonable

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

so now they have a 2nd video that shows a man running... and they are not backing off the 1st video so chances are good they are the same guy. They know who owns the car and have not released that... I predict a quick finish to this one. the only question... for all his failures so far, can he evade police?

oh this is getting better and better... the Post and Fox are reporting sources telling of an international connection AND the owner of the car sold it for cash on craiglist... no paperwork??? whatadumba**

oh this is getting better and better... the Post and Fox are reporting sources telling of an international connection AND the owner of the car sold it for cash on craiglist... no paperwork??? whatadumba**
    You are just seething with envy that this is homegrown............it is so obvious. Why?

you like to think so don't cha... wouldn't that just fit your little definition for me? but you see I truely don't care who it is... I enjoy the whole investigation and arrest, its a truelife mystery and if everyone's lucky enough and smart enough - the good guys win and maybe no one will get hurt... so instead of trying to run me down and overlay your themes... why don't you discuss the story?

do you think its wise to sell a car for cash on craigslist and not change the registration? I think its stupid. do you think modeling a car bomb on two failed attempts is wise? that would make 3 such incidents where cars smoked and didn't blow up... already ruins LD's wager of 8 out of 10, doesn't it?

I don't want to argue it just seems to me that you want this to be homegrown and you would really "get off" if it were a person that you could ID on the right, might get your chance, might not..........

Federal authorities have identified person of interest in Saturday night's car bomb attempt in New York City's Times Square, Fox News confirms.

The person is a naturalized American citizen who was in Pakistan for several months and returned to the United States recently, though the person's identity has not been made public.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...uare-car-bomb/

Quote Originally Posted by chew 'n' spit View Post
    I don't want to argue it just seems to me that you want this to be homegrown and you would really "get off" if it were a person that you could ID on the right, might get your chance, might not..........

it would serve you not to try and "see" though people and assign motivations to them

Oh so all the sudden Fox is credible.............lol..............naturalized, ,,,,,,,,,,,,sorta like the a clown in the Army that killed all those folks at Fort Hood................this ain't no Oklahoma..............no way

who said it was an Oklahoma? I thought the army guy was a natural born citizen? where was he from?

none of the media is wholly reliable, I regularly check between CNN, Drudge and Fox and watch the WSJ, The Washington Post, the Washington Times and the New York Times and the Boston Globe. I admit, mostly east coast but thats my familiar space

I base my stance on my education and experience.
    Apparently you were absent a lot--obviously you missed the lessons on vapor density and LEL.

I've never seen anyone standing on their head, talking on their cell phone while pumping gasoline with a tent around em
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

The real truth here is that this is all wasted space, since they will catch the perp and then we will know...................

Army Dr who turned extremist was Virgina born, btw

LD, it seems the "experts" aren't in agreeance with you

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/03/anatomy-bomb/

The mishmash of everyday objects from the kitchen to the garden, including a mess of wires, firecrackers, propane, gasoline and basic cookware, is making some heads scratch. Investigators are still working out how it was designed to work, and whether it even could have worked at all.
    If you end up being confused about how this was supposed to work, you’re understanding the situation perfectly. Assuming it was supposed to function, it may end up that the person doesn’t have real grasp of what’s going on,” said Charles Faddis, a former CIA operations officer who was the head of the CIA's weapons of mass destruction terrorism unit.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/03/...ex.html?hpt=T1

Barry, who is now an adviser to the International Association of Bomb Technicians and Investigators.

Barry said the detonating mechanism lacked the energy needed to properly set off the explosion. Jim Cavanaugh, a former agent with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, called the bomb "a Rube Goldberg contraption" that would have been difficult to set off.

"That does not mean that the bomb's not deadly," Cavanaugh said. Someone close by could be hurt or killed. "But it's not a very reliable working system, a fusing and firing system, at all," he said.

Army Dr who turned extremist was Virgina born, btw

LD, it seems the "experts" aren't in agreeance with you

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/03/anatomy-bomb/
    Ok the Army doctor was just like the kid in Oklahoma, with all the same motivations.............I am quite done with the insanity of this post...........