Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama goes golfing instead of to Polish President's funeral....

Obama goes golfing instead of to Polish President's funeral....

http://www.wbj.pl/article-49272-obam...l.html?typ=wbj
    US President Barack Obama went golfing at the Andrews Air Force Base yesterday, it was reported, just hours after Poles had laid their late president to rest.

"On a cool but sun-drenched day, the president and three golfing companions head[ed] to Andrews Air Force Base on Sunday to play 18 holes. It is the 32nd time Mr. Obama has played golf since taking office Jan. 20, 2009, according to CBS Radio's Mark Knoller," reported the Washington Times on Sunday.

In an article posted on its website, the newspaper also reported that while US Secretary of State Hilary Clinton and Vice President Joe Biden had taken the time to visit the Polish Embassy to sign a book of condolences, President Obama had not yet taken the time out to do so.

The plumes of volcanic ash that ruined travel plans throughout Europe last week kept other world leaders away from the funeral, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Nicholas Sarkozy - though there was no word as to whether they too had taken to the links.

Other world leaders found ways to attend the funeral, including Estonian Prime Minister Andrus Ansip, who made an 18-hour drive, while Czech Republic President Vaclav Klaus travelled by car and train. Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych also attended.

The late president's close friend, Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili, also managed to attend, flying in from Georgia through Rome.
    Nice to know other world leaders found ways to get there....
    32 rds of golf in a little over a year....
    Bush played 24 rds in 8 years....
    Real class act....
    "Illegal Immigrant" is not a race....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    http://www.wbj.pl/article-49272-obam...l.html?typ=wbj

Nice to know other world leaders found ways to get there....
    32 rds of golf in a little over a year....
    Bush played 24 rds in 8 years....
    Real class act....
    He could have at least signed the book at the embassy.
    Avowed Contrarian / Occasional Jingoist / Politically Incorrect

“The world seems full of good men, even if there are monsters in it.” -- Bram Stoker

Nice to know that he stayed put instead of risking a plane and crew.

Amazes me is the complaints from the peanut gallery on the fuel used for trips or staying home. Me thinks there's an agenda of hate on what the guy does.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Nice to know that he stayed put instead of risking a plane and crew.

Amazes me is the complaints from the peanut gallery on the fuel used for trips or staying home. Me thinks there's an agenda of hate on what the guy does.
    The First family of Poland, in fact a whole lot of the govt, was wiped out in that crash. He can't even take the time to sign the condolence book, and you defend that?
    Other world leaders found their way there, gee, you'd think the leader of the Free World could have also.....there are other modes of transportation besides his jet you know....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams

I'm sure certain people here would have rather had Obama go to the funeral when it was unsafe to fly their. Guess you have not heard about the volcano that erupted in Iceland and that people trying to get their have been grounded at the airports waiting. Perhaps you also did not see the news with the airports closed in London.

Sure some people here would love to see the president on a suicide mission. Maybe the people that thought he should have gone anyway should have taken his place including the people here. Bet you wouldn't want to take that chance would you?

If the Joe average citizen can't fly their what makes you think the President can?

"Planes, trains, and automobiles"
    The President of Russia was smart enough to figure a way there.....

If the Joe average citizen can't fly their what makes you think the President can?
    I checked the map. The White House is closer to the Polish Embassy than the golf course.
    Avowed Contrarian / Occasional Jingoist / Politically Incorrect

“The world seems full of good men, even if there are monsters in it.” -- Bram Stoker

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Some are being unfair, he picked an ash free golf course so going green is good.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    I checked the map. The White House is closer to the Polish Embassy than the golf course.
    That left a mark.....

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    "Planes, trains, and automobiles"
    The President of Russia was smart enough to figure a way there.....
    Russia is closer to Poland then the US is. Perhaps you could not figure that out. Ask any Geography teacher. Think of the logistics involved in planning something like that. Of course if that were to happen then you would be bitching at the costs involved. Your never happy with anything the president does. Had he of gone their and Air Force one went down you would probably be happier than a kid in a candy store.

Remind me to tell you the joke about the rectum stretcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    How would going to the Polish embassy be the same as going to the funeral?. Your talking about signing the book, have you ever thought that maybe a letter of condolences was sent? Which in my opinion means more than signing a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Compu Doc View Post
    Russia is closer to Poland then the US is. Perhaps you could not figure that out. Ask any Geography teacher. Think of the logistics involved in planning something like that. Of course if that were to happen then you would be bitching at the costs involved. Your never happy with anything the president does.

How would going to the Polish embassy be the same as going to the funeral?. Your talking about signing the book, have you ever thought that maybe a letter of condolences was sent? Which in my opinion means more than signing a book.
    Air Force One is capable of making turns, and doesn't have to fly in a straight line. They could easily have flown somewhere else, even to Russia, and gone from there. Heck, he could have even hitched a ride with the Russians.
    And I doubt you can find a post anywhere where I have complained about travel costs of the POTUS when he's travelling in official cpapacity....
    As far as the book, it's a public gesture. And it's a heck of a lot more appropriate gesture than blowing off the funeral to play golf.

Just how long do you know of that it takes to get Air Force One ready with a planned destination with permission to land at said destination along with permission to fly over any country that might seek permission first. Then have the secret service check out the area first and secure the area. Do you think all that can happen within 2 days keeping in mind that their was a volcano eruption and is still erupting. Also keep in mind that Air Force One may have to land for fuel in between here and their because they would have to get their in a round about way. If it was possible at all.

Now before you answer with a response sit down and figure all the above out. Find out who would have to contact who and see if it was feasible at all. After you have all that information please post it here because their are some people who have been camped out at JFK Airport trying to get back to Europe. I'll pass the info onto the media so they can pass the info onto the stranded and maybe then they can take the same route.

Also FYI Sunday's are usually a day off for a person. Obama spent his day playing Golf, what did you do?.

Face it as long as he is in office you will do nothing but complain about anything and everything he does no matter what it is. If you did not have anything to complain about with the current administration you would probably shrivel up and die and the current administration is your source of life.

I don't get the point of this post, I don't for a minute think that the President did not attend for any other reason than the safety of the hundreds of military, secret service, staff, media and others who accompany the President where ever he goes. Sorry, there are a bunch more things I disagree with this President over.

A glance at flight disruptions due to volcanic ash

Poland: Air space remained closed indefinitely, for landings and takeoffs of passenger jets. Planes can fly above 21,000 feet, or 6,400 meters.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100419/...uptions_glance

LD a lot of hot air you're putting somewhere. Hard to admit just maybe is was a better idea?????
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by chew 'n' spit View Post
    I don't get the point of this post, I don't for a minute think that the President did not attend for any other reason than the safety of the hundreds of military, secret service, staff, media and others who accompany the President where ever he goes. Sorry, there are a bunch more things I disagree with this President over.
    The point of the post is that the originator of the post makes him happy as a kid in a candy store to bitch and complain about every little thing the current administration does. If he had nothing to complain about he would cease to exist. Stuff like this keeps him going because he has nothing else to live for.