Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Date for RatFest 09 is set

I wonder how the visit with nogas went ... thats a sad situation all around.

I agree.

Hopefully we'll get an update.

Here's the scoop...The only Rat in attendance who brought in a trailer and had an axctual campsite staked out was W5IT...Dan, when you were there Don had stepped out to get some breakfast with Brickman and his wife...You missed them by minutes and they knew you had been there by the description given of the smelly, noisy wildman at the front desk trying to find a "ratfest"...Alas, no one had your cell phone number and they couldn't call you back...

The visit to Nogas went well...Marc is looking well but was only able to sit up in a wheelchair...I could see he was really moved by how many showed up to see him...He has hair and his beard again and is very alert but can't form sentences...We left before we tuckered him out completely...

Back at the campground, besides Brickman, Jen, Don and myself, other rats trickled in...Ricky, Mastertech and family, BODH and 44Mags, Cap'n Mike and Debbie and several others from some of the RV forums dropped in...I'm sure there are others I missed but I'll find them as I process the pics and post them...W5IT volunteered to cook and turned out some really great hamburgers along with several side dishes...Needless to say, nobody went away hungry...

I had to be first to leave to give my puppydogs some yard time at the house (and also so everyone else would have somebody to talk about)...Dan, everyone asked about you and apparently nobody claimed the homeless, heartbroken goat that showed up looking for her boyfriend either......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Oak Ridge North Texas, A Native Texan, The Few The Proud
    I brought the goat home Ben and have got her penned up in the backyard in case you find her owner. I kinda hope you don't.

Some day I will make it again once I get a life...
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Thumbs up

Yep - looking forward to the pics. Sounds like a great time.

Bill
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Yep - looking forward to the pics. Sounds like a great time.

Bill
    No sooner posted than done......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

DanH is offline Sept. 06, 1927 - May 24, 2018
    Adventurer Par Excellence!
    May He Rest In Peace
    None of them is any better looking then they wuz last RatFest
    "PUSH TO FLUSH"

Quote Originally Posted by SBA View Post
    None of them is any better looking then they wuz last RatFest
    Trust me, they don't smell any better either (except for the womenfolk)......Ben

Thumbs up

Excellent pics.

Bill
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I'm always impressed that Captn' wrangled such a hottie

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I'm always impressed that Captn' wrangled such a hottie
    Maybe there's hope for the rest of us yet......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Excellent pics.

Bill
    Thanks, Bill...If anyone wants high resolution, full size versions of any of them, I can email them...They're about 4-5 MB each......Ben

DanH is offline Sept. 06, 1927 - May 24, 2018
    Adventurer Par Excellence!
    May He Rest In Peace
    Glad you guys saw NoGas . What he has been through is almost unimaginable. I'll never forget how he called me up after Hurricane Ike last year and asked if I was OK and needed any help. The man is a living Saint on earth.
    "PUSH TO FLUSH"

I guess there is one advantage to SBA not finding us...Lefty and RHM couldn't come with him......Ben