Thread: Do you want to be happy?

Do you want to be happy?

http://news.aol.com/article/happines...7568?icid=main|hp-desktop|dl1|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farti cle%2Fhappiness-survey%2F487568
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

Lightbulb

Well, it explains why I'm happy.

I'm thinking the results may tie in to other studies I've read. Namely, the ones showing Democrats tend to be more introspective and expressive. In other words, maybe they aren't really less happy, maybe they're just more likely to be in touch with their mental status and are willing to talk about it.

Bill
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Then there is the study that says the citizens of Utah are among the happiest citizens. I will need to research the source. Or that the happiest people also tend to be the most generous with their own money, which also ties into the Utah thing.

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

Originally posted by Scooter
    Then there is the study that says the citizens of Utah are among the happiest citizens. I will need to research the source. Or that the happiest people also tend to be the most generous with their own money, which also ties into the Utah thing.

I'm sure we know the source... Give me money!!! trust me , it will make you happy(er)

Nope, it was actually a former professor from Syracuse, that happens to be catholic.

Then there is the study that says the citizens of Utah are among the happiest citizens.
    Frankly, I think the more telling results are those based upon lifespan, healthy habits, stress indicators, and tracking stress-induced illnesses. Utah scores very well in those areas. The researchers at BYU conclude the common denominator is lifestyle, not politics.

Bill
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

The conclusion of the study by Brooks had more to do with voluntary Charitable giving, and service to others. If I am not mistaken, Utah rates high in those areas, as well. Of course, those could be attributed to lifestyle, as well.

And a reminder, his study was not a BYU study.

Thumbs up

And a reminder, his study was not a BYU study.
    Got that. I was not implying anything special about BYU, other than that institution is known for its research in this area.

Bill

Since I have been fairly lambasted before for touting anything coming out of BYU or the LDS church, I wanted to make sure people knew that.