There are some things you Texas boys do that are OK---like your cookin is pretty much OK---ya got some good white tails---but some of you talk a little funny and dem pointy little booties you all wear are just downright silly lookin---but when some of ya talk--I listen

So--I got drawn in on the Alison Krauss discussion and having both a rather eclectic taste in music--and a curiosity for new horizons---I ordered "A Hundred Miles or More"

It was here (along with the Wallin Jennys CD I didn't have and another Keiko Matsui CD) when we got home from the cottage last night.

Today we went to MD to our Granddaughters 3rd birthday --and I took the new CDs. My wife who normally does not share the full range of my music affliction listened to the beginning of Alison Krauss and asked it this was a new Joan Baez--no--this is the darlin of the Texas crowd on the CB

Now--I do have to tell you that my wife who went to school in Dallas claims the worst part of the experience was not being able to find decent music on the radio

We both very much enjoyed "Down by the River"---I wondered a little about "Whiskey Lullaby"---my wife offered an opinion

However--I suspect this is only the first of my Alison Krauss CDs--and yes she does remind me a little of Joan Baez--all in all---very nice