Thread: Tsnake- Your Vacation is PLANNED!

Thumbs up Tsnake- Your Vacation is PLANNED!

TSNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got some vacation time coming to you? May 3-5.

Be there!

come shoot a real gun you wuss
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

6doublefive321

Cool!

There is a guy a work who owns a "big 50" and goes to these type of events. The 50BMG sounds like quite a rifle. I think he said it cost around $2 to $3 per shot if you roll your own shells.

He told me about a shoot that he went to a few years ago. I believe the range was around 2000 meters. The shooters were using laptops and anemometers to get the wind drift right. I believe they were shooting at targets that were 2 meters in diameter. (if I remember right)

Sounds like a fun event. Maybe when I am retired I can try some of this fun kind of stuff.

Thumbs up

wow!!! that IS cool. wish i could make it but i'm tied up.

they say you never hear the one that gets ya --- i'd say 2000 meters (or 2450 meters in the case of that canadian sniper unit) is just too cool.

everyone around you would hear the crack of the bullet and the splat and maybe, just maybe a far far far off roll of thunder.

If I had a spare 10K sitting around I'd have one for sure. So much fun to shoot.

At some point I think you have to stack the scope up higher off the barrel to still see w/o it obstructing

(did you see the part about shooting "reactive" targets at night with 50cal machine guns and tracers WHOOOHWHWHWEEEEEEEEEEe
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

6doublefive321

Originally posted by lemon boy
    (did you see the part about shooting "reactive" targets at night with 50cal machine guns and tracers WHOOOHWHWHWEEEEEEEEEEe
    is that what they're calling wellington webb now?!

LOL-

Yes yes, very funny. (I'm sure you'll be surprised to learn that more or less he does a good job running the city. Sure, we've got some gun laws I'm not too thrilled about and some other problems but Denver, really and truely is a nice place)
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

6doublefive321

Thumbs up

hey, i'm all for local control. everyone should live where they want to live and have the laws they want.

its when someone's "good" idea starts creeping into other locales where it makes no sense.

btw, how does your last statement mesh with your location description near your name? geez, even the texans aren't gonna fall for that one. they ALL wanna retire there.

yeah, it sucks

The tex@$$i@ns ain't movin here cause the Dems and the GC laws. the kalifornians hate us cause "its too cold" the Pac North Wetters don't like it cause it's too dry. It is to high for midwesterners and to rural for easterners. Southerners can't be understood and soon get discouraged. No one moves from Utah and the drug laws are too liberal for Montanans.

Perfect.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

6doublefive321