Thread: Kerry team: not ready for prime time

Kerry team: not ready for prime time

Anyone see Kerry's "w" stands for wrong speech??? "its the wrong war at the wrong time in the wrong place" kerry sayz. Well this was deans line in the primaries !!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then Kerry attacks Dean and says that he (kerry) supports this war. I will get a link in a minute

better than a link

Kerry vs. Kerry
    What does "the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time" mean?
    by William Kristol
    09/07/2004 12:20:00 PM

JOHN KERRY said yesterday that Iraq was "the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time." Translation: We would be better off if Saddam Hussein were still in power.

Not an unheard of point of view. Indeed, as President Bush pointed out today, it was Howard Dean's position during the primary season. On December 15, 2003, in a speech at the Pacific Council on International Policy in Los Angeles, Dean said that "the capture of Saddam Hussein has not made America safer." Dean also said, "The difficulties and tragedies we have faced in Iraq show the administration launched the war in the wrong way, at the wrong time, with inadequate planning, insufficient help, and at the extraordinary cost, so far, of $166 billion."

But who challenged Dean immediately? John Kerry. On December 16, at Drake University in Iowa, Kerry asserted that "those who doubted whether Iraq or the world would be better off without Saddam Hussein, and those who believe today that we are not safer with his capture, don't have the judgment to be president or the credibility to be elected president."

Kerry was right then.

William Kristol is editor of The Weekly Standard.

Yep...

Ain't Politics Great...

I don't know about W being for Wrong, but F is definitely for Flip Flop!!!
    "Illegal Immigrant" is not a race....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    W is for winner.

DanH is offline Sept. 06, 1927 - May 24, 2018
    Adventurer Par Excellence!
    May He Rest In Peace
    Originally posted by chopper
    T ....Translation: We would be better off if Saddam Hussein were still in power.

Nevermind who said what .. "We" ... meaning the United States Of America WOULD be VASTLY better off if Saddam Hussein were still in power... and "We" had NEVER gotton into this stupid muslim mess that NOBODY can straighten out now. "Iraqi Freedom" ?????? WHO GIVEZA CHIT ? ....And don't they ALL love us for it now ....
    "PUSH TO FLUSH"

JFS Guest
    This stupid muslim mess as you call it came to us several times over the past 15 years or so. It is not something that came about as the result of Iraq.

Doing nothing about this "muslim mess" just kept getting our people dead.

What would you have had us do SBA.

W 04

Originally posted by Billy_Rightwing
    W is for wiener.

With two months to go Kerry is still trying to rally his base. That, my friends, is a very good sign. The trouble is that his base is the nutty left, and every time he has to placate them he loses the middle.

Originally posted by wacojoe
    With two months to go Kerry is still trying to rally his base. That, my friends, is a very good sign.
    IMO Kerry is toast. The only thing left now is to see how low (and ugly) both candidates can go before the election.

Originally posted by AK Gandy
    IMO Kerry is toast. The only thing left now is to see how low (and ugly) both candidates can go before the election.
    I totally agree, just in it for the humor now!

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

Originally posted by AK Gandy
    ...... The only thing left now is to see how low (and ugly) both candidates can go before the election.
    Yeap, Damn shame nobody can talk about the issues.

And damn shame that's this is the best either party can put up for election.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I'll vote for the first one that shuts up about Viet Nam, the Guard and 1971!!! 35 years ago is like 100 years ago.

Rat Guest
    Originally posted by 2ndthyme
    I totally agree, just in it for the humor now!
    Hmpff! You give me hope.