Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: War Medals

War Medals

New guy here with a question for everyone.

1. In the history of the U.S. has anyone recieved or known anyone that has recieved 3 purple hearts, 1 bronze star and 1 silver star in their first 4 months of combat.

If John Kerry has done this he has to have been one of the bravest and one of the luckest men in the history of our country.

If John Kerry lied about this his the shame of every military person who has served for this great country.

This is a serious request. I would be please if you would give me your honest answers. Thank you.

Welcome aboard Marine!!

Looking forward to the replies you get. I'd say you already know
    the answer to your question though.

Joe

1. No

Re: War Medals

Originally posted by Marine
    New guy here with a question for everyone.

1. In the history of the U.S. has anyone received or known anyone that has received 3 purple hearts, 1 bronze star and 1 silver star in their first 4 months of combat.

If John Kerry has done this he has to have been one of the bravest and one of the luckest men in the history of our country.

If John Kerry lied about this his the shame of every military person who has served for this great country.

This is a serious request. I would be please if you would give me your honest answers. Thank you.
    Well to answer your number 1. question I would point you to here:
    http://www.audiemurphy.com/awards.htm

for a list of awards received by Audie Murphy in a 33 month period.

Now, there is no way I would compare Audie Murphy who I consider one of the bravest most heroic men of all time to John Kerry but that is an answer to your question.

As far as whether Kerry lied or not I would have to just say I don't know but I think when we start questioning awards given 30 years ago we are opening up a big can of worms.

don

Originally posted by Ballistic

I'd say you already know the answer to your question though.

In Politics, no one ever ask a question they do not already have their own answer for ..

Super_Duty_John Guest

Talking

Originally posted by Phillbo
    In Politics, no one ever ask a question they do not already have their own answer for ..
    That is an old Trial Lawyer saying and yes, John Kerry did exactly that. He brought up his own Viet Nam record.

Re: Re: War Medals

Originally posted by Fulltimer
    Well to answer your number 1. question I would point you to here:
    http://www.audiemurphy.com/awards.htm

for a list of awards received by Audie Murphy in a 33 month period.

Now, there is no way I would compare Audie Murphy who I consider one of the bravest most heroic men of all time to John Kerry but that is an answer to your question.

As far as whether Kerry lied or not I would have to just say I don't know but I think when we start questioning awards given 30 years ago we are opening up a big can of worms.

don
    I'm talking about 4 months not 33. Is there any way that records can be checked to see if anyone has equaled Kerrys awards in a 4 month period. And as far as a long time ago men or women that have recieved these medals take them very serious and expect everyone that has earn one to take it very seriously. 5 medals in 4 month sure does seem a little fishy.

Kinda seems unbelievable don't it? He must have been a freakin' machine!!! Then to throw them back, talk about bravery!

Quite an unbelievable guy at such a young age too, guess some things never change

In a nutshell, Kerry is full of BS.

There are many vietnam vets that didn't make it 3 months before they were KIA. I am sure there were many wounded and I am sure many did heroic things.

If your point is simply that Kerry lied then just say it. Don't ask a question about everyone else in vietnam and try to prove it impossible.

don

There are many vietnam vets that didn't make it 3 months before they were KIA. I am sure there were many wounded and I am sure many did heroic things.

If your point is simply that Kerry lied then just say it. Don't ask a question about everyone else in vietnam and try to prove it impossible.

don
    ok, kerry lied

don
    I'm not trying to prove anything impossible. All I want to know is if it had been done by anyone else. You can spin my question any way you want. If Kerry did do then I want to give him the respect he deserves. If he didn't I want other people to know that if they have earned alike medals that we all honor and respect them.

"Is there any way that records can be checked to see if anyone has equaled Kerrys awards in a 4 month period."

I think that is what you really were asking from us.

Not sure if anyone here can answer that question. How would someone do a search for something as such???

Never really thought of it this way but it would be VERY interesting to find out for sure.

If no one else ever did such a thing in such a short period of time then.................we would all have to think that sKerry is scarier then we all thought.

Joe

Originally posted by Marine
    I'm not trying to prove anything impossible. All I want to know is if it had been done by anyone else. You can spin my question any way you want. If Kerry did do then I want to give him the respect he deserves. If he didn't I want other people to know that if they have earned alike medals that we all honor and respect them.
    Well you are going to have to accept the word of the folks who were with him and decide which to believe.

Kerry has shipmates and the skipper of the other boat saying he deserved it and Bush has folks who were in the area and sya he doesn't deserve it.

From what I have seen the ones who are active in accusing Kerry say they are angry about what he did after he returned in testifing before Congress and making statements critical to the war. They also say they are angry because he supposedly threw his medals away. None of that speaks to your question about what actually happened.

I find I can not support Kerry or Bush this election but this Medal thing is simply a defense for Bush's AWOL issue during the same time frame

don

PartTimer, he's not talking about Bush. Stop it, or you'll be accused of doing the same thing as Bush.

Joe