Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: you texas boys gonna get wet Sunday and Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Good news May your AC be working well
    The A/C is cranking right along...I had a little problem getting the computer to fire up, but it turned out a power strip had a dead hole...The jury is still out on the icebox, I still have to throw away all the food......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

My sympathy is with you on the refrigerator duty.
    Back in the early 70s we had a horrible hurricane that got us bad on the way north and then turned around and got us again.
    I got pulled in to do building inspection to issue new CofOs. Many of these places didn't get pumped out for two weeks or more. Most had refrigerators and freezers in the basement. I had no idea that I could upchuck that many times in one day!
    I stopped eating anything till evening.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Nice job, Ben. It's way too early for you to check out.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Think again...I ain't that easy to get rid of......Ben
    it's time to change the air in my head

This is the storm that led me to gain insider knowledge of what Ben and many of his friends and neighbors are suffering.

Total damages from Hurricane Agnes amounted to about $2.1 billion (1972 USD) making it the most costly U.S. hurricane at the time. The vast majority of the damage was due to flooding, especially in the state of Pennsylvania, where $2 billion in damage occurred.
    We literally had caskets floating down the Susquehanna that washed out a cemetery.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis