Thread: A day at sea

A day at sea

--and in the background on the TV is Morning Joe---a first for me.

He just suggested a challenge---one I think well worth passing on. For the trumpers here----sit down in a quiet room and listen---actually listen to one of trump's rallies. Don't cheat and read the rino talking points----make up your own mind. trump talks about biden being unable to string two sentences together----trump seldom constructs one intelligible, grammatically correct sentence. I'm not sure two in a row is possible for trump.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Both sides wonder how anyone can support the OTHER candidate after watching the edited sound bites on THEIR news /entertainment media..

It is always beneficial to watch both candidates on friendly, hostile and neutral media.. then figure out what the truth really is..

Foreign press can be good.. France 24 and AlJezera are not kowtowing to us right now and provide some interesting food for thought..

Editorial comment.. We are presently between the devil and the deep blue sea..

I don't understand how anyone could support either candidate if they actually listen to what they say. The same applies to the fringe candidates.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I don't understand how anyone could support either candidate if they actually listen to what they say. The same applies to the fringe candidates.
    I agree but I can do no better than try to defeat trump---and move on---maybe to the Supreme Court

Joe--good post, and I share those sources as well
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I can tell when a buddy has been listening to a single source of information.. buddy will often refer to the “Biden supporters “.. I don’t know any “Biden supporters “, but I do know people who know that we will be forced to “settle “ for their least objectionable candidate.

With a conservative SCOTUS and one or both houses of congress being GOP in November, Biden may be viewed by some as a balancing factor.. just a thought..

To our members here who think voting for Biden is an answer to the problems in this country I would suggest they go to a quiet room and contemplate the daily destruction of American democracy
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    ...people who know that we will be forced to “settle " for their least objectionable candidate.
    Nailed.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    To our members here who think voting for Biden is an answer to the problems in this country I would suggest they go to a quiet room and contemplate the daily destruction of American democracy
    Maybe it’s because they’re RINO’s. :grin:

Oh no these guys are not rinos. Trust me. I'm been on here way too long to believe that. Many of them and I won't name names are full on left wing. I remember when I started irritating them back during Obama and they ganged up and banned me. They knew what they are and they're still around except for one lady and one seemingly professor......
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    And they should contemplate the possibility that someone who has promised, if elected, to be a dictator on day one. trump has done more to damage democracy than anyone else in the history of this country.

Added in edit:

Today the fascist bastard is talking about the unified reich.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 05-21-2024 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post

Added in edit:

Today the fascist bastard is talking about the unified reich.

Based on your source, that you cited, what you have stated is patently false.

You can call people names all day Dave, that's okay. But I stand by my remark that what you posted is patently false. Read your own source.

Do you wear false eyelashes?

NEW YORK (AP) — A video posted to Donald Trump’s account on his social media network included references to a “unified Reich” among hypothetical news headlines if he wins the election in November.

The headline appears among messages flashing across the screen such as “Trump wins!!” and “Economy booms!” Other headlines appear to be references to World War I. The word “Reich” is often largely associated with Nazi Germany’s Third Reich, though the references in the video Trump shared appear to be a reference to the formation of the modern pan-German nation, unifying smaller states into a single Reich, or empire, in 1871.

The 30-second video appeared Monday on Trump’s account at a time when the presumptive Republican nominee for president, while seeking to portray President Joe Biden as soft on antisemitism, has himself repeatedly faced criticism for using language and rhetoric associated with Nazi Germany.

It was posted and shared on the former president’s Truth Social account while he was on a lunch break from his Manhattan hush money trial Monday afternoon. On Tuesday morning, the post of the video had been deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Do you wear false eyelashes?
    Hmmmm…so Trump supposedly posted something on his forum…then edited it. OMG! Orange Mad bad!

Ok…Have you ever posted something on social media…thought better of it and edited it? That’s a rhetorical question cuz in this thread you did three times. http://www.crackerbarrelphilosophers...he-Bronx/page1