Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Romance is racist says Black Professor…

my grandson came to me a while back and asked my opinion on what type of education to pursue. I told him if it was me I would skip college, learn a trade, get good at it and start your own business.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    my grandson came to me a while back and asked my opinion on what type of education to pursue. I told him if it was me I would skip college, learn a trade, get good at it and start your own business.
    Not bad advice---but there will be education involved in some form in any event. CNC machines do not write their own programs.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Not a lot of CNC programing involved in the Concrete business.... So far the advice is paying off, he's running a crew for a major contractor in the Wa. area. They are building Sub Bunkers so he's learning the right way to do the job. He has a slight learning disability and has a hard time focusing on school work but is not afraid to throw down and get his hands dirty to get a job done..

I think it's the best path for him. He appears to like it and we have had a couple conversations about socking away a portion of his income for capital when he is ready to bust out on his own.

Similar path I took as a kid. I skipped college, went to a drafting trade school, got a job at an architect firm and them after about 6 years opened my own drafting biz.... It lasted until the housing market crashed in the late 80's and I was forced to go to work for the man to support my family.

Now I'm retarded and enjoying the benefits of busting my ass for years.

....skip college, learn a trade, get good at it and start your own business.
    I like it.

I came out of the Army knowing a lot about Armor (tanks) which had few real-world ties. My cousin had a better idea, he came out of the military with HVAC certifications and was able to land well paid positions after serving. So, if I had to do it again, I'd pick a trade skill in the military in more marketable fields.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I came out of the Army knowing a lot about Armor (tanks) which had few real-world ties.
    My recruiter told me I'd come out of my enlistment with all the skills I needed to step into a high paying civilian job...Turned out none of the airlines had any openings for a trained weapons mechanic...I wonder still how the 707 pilots managed to fire their missiles......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Why not start with Stalin, then Mao and finish up with Pol Pot?

Please detail how they are included in this rant.
    I’m not going to..all I stated was “the amount of Indoctrination going on in the American Public School System would make the likes of Stalin, Chairman Mao and Pol Pot green with envy“ of which I gave plenty of examples to base my opinion. Never once did I imply our current school system using the same tactics these despots employed. That’s your schtick.

Now I have shown you the courtesy of at least answering your question, please reciprocate and answer mine.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendofBRW View Post
    I’m not going to..all I stated was “the amount of Indoctrination going on in the American Public School System would make the likes of Stalin, Chairman Mao and Pol Pot green with envy“ of which I gave plenty of examples to base my opinion. Never once did I imply our current school system using the same tactics these despots employed. That’s your schtick.

Now I have shown you the courtesy of at least answering your question, please reciprocate and answer mine.

Some folks like to dictate the narrative. There's a lot of teachers on this method out there I like Lawrence O'Donnell and morning Joe and yes, oh gosh I said yes again Mr lemon.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

That is your opinion, not mine.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Some folks like to dictate the narrative.
    Oh I know…I simply don’t let them

That is your opinion, not mine.
    Clearly…..but facts trump (no pun intended) opinions.

For your viewing displeasure…at least it should be…

https://youtu.be/cmAbvWXNwm4?si=EKn6j1GOVsabDeLa
    Last edited by FriendofBRW; 05-21-2024 at 01:00 PM.

How many times are you going to post that staged trash?

You still haven't shown the tie to your depots.

LOL... when I was his age I was reading my dads playboys.....

LOL... when I was his age I was reading my dads playboys.....
    But now one can simply check out similar reading material at the school library

How many times are you going to post that staged trash?

You still haven't shown the tie to your depots.
    I told myself I wasn’t going to, but just for you…

One if the very first things Stalin did for the Soviet Union, public schools watch to standardize the educational curriculum. In the past each state was allowed to set their own schools curriculum, but now the US is quickly moving to a National curriculum.