Thread: I got my tune changed

Exclamation I got my tune changed

Tomorrow we leave on holiday. Today I went for "renewal" shots in both knees. I also wanted to schedule my first replacement in June right after we got back---nothing doing---it has to be a minimum of 3 months from my shots---so I am now scheduled to get the right knee done in August

In June it will be back to PT to build up the right knee as much as possible

Saturday morning we will be in Ireland (Dublin)----I think I shall have a Guinness with me breakfast

Truth be told there is a six pack in the frig left over from St Patrick's day

A fine Irish breakfast, rashers (sort of bacon), sausages, baked beans, grilled tomato, fried potatoes, black pudding----and eggs of course

On the other hand maybe I'll just have soda bread and Irish butter
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 05-09-2024 at 03:24 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Cortisone?

Had injections of it under a kneecap years ago. Shot hurt impressively but the effect was sublime.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

That's it. This is the second time for both knees.
    I look forward to getting the replacements. If they work well I think there could be an Antarctica cruise in the future.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Have fun on the trip.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Have fun..

Be careful.. the Irish Guinness will spoil you.. my taste tests results.. on a scale of 1-10.. Irish Guinness is a 10.. US Guinness is an 8, canned Guinness is tied with fresh Yuengling Black & Tan.. at a 7

Workout and build up legs before replacement surgery.. work extra hard at the gym.. I am the voice of experience on this issue..

I got in and out of Ireland without a fresh Guinness.
    We are now in Spain, I took a sip of my wife's Sangria at dinner and was very happy with my water with ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I got in and out of Ireland without a fresh Guinness.
    Man, Guinness was my fav draft beer when traveling. It's one of the few things I've missed since I stopped drinking.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I also quit drinking but still have a few beers a year at social events.. went on a binge last year, had a beer at the reception and then a glass of wine later at dinner.. an Irish Guinness in Ireland would qualify.. oh.. I did have a draft Guinness in an Irish pub in NewYork with bangers and mash, in March of 23..

Cervaza Cruzcampo in Sevilla was purchased by Guinness.. they make Harp, Smithwicks and Stout with Spanish names.. tasted great..

Mind the ice, made from the water..