Thread: As we struggle with our so called "open" border

As we struggle with our so called "open" border

...Japan as a different problem.

The number of vacant houses in Japan has surged to a record high of nine million – more than enough for each person in New York City – as the east Asian country continues to struggle with its ever-declining population.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Without immigrants who mows their lawns? Or works at their McDonalds & Walmart?

As I understand it, their neighboring nation China has the opposite problem - way too many people...But given their past history, I doubt there'll be many invitations from the Japanese to the Chinese to move right in......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

They bring in Mexicans at night:rolleyes

I am told that it is a monolithic society. They are not open to imigration.

As for China, they face the same problem, just not to this degree.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

As I've noted before, my family was comprised of White Spaniards who immigrated to the U.S. from Chihuahua, Mexico. At the time, being such a person in Mexico was not tolerated.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I'm told by those who have been there that the lack of diversity is strikingly obvious. I suspect that if you were to take a group of Japanese to the Bronx or Queens they would be aghast at the hodgepodge of people they would see.

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    I say let then in as well, but do it legally. We Gringos no longer have a Birthrate that supports a stable population. Right now (2022) it is 1.66. A stable fertility rate is 2.1. 2.2 is a growing population. Short answer is we NEED the immigration. As long as the can produce snd not consume…welcome! Truth be told, I’d rather higher Mexicans than Gringos. They simply have a much better work ethic…we Gringos are to effing lazy.

I am, however, against open boarders…we need to know who is coming. So I feel we need to make the process easier.

Also, we need make it such money earned here…stays here..not sent back to Mexico.

What say you?