Thread: The current state of American Justice

The current state of American Justice

OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    BUT….But…but…Orangeman Bad!

On a serious note, it should be plain to everyone that there are two levels of Justice in America that is solely based in which side of the political isle one is on and to a degree, one melanin level.

One the Left side? Social norms be damned…Activist Judges got your back…

On the Right side? A fart in the wind and you’re facing jail time.

Melanin rich? Use the Promo code “Justice for Floyd” for 100% of every thing you can you steal

Crazy times we’re in

You bring up a good point with activist judges Billy. That was a commonly used term before trump et al reset the judicial landscape with a new crop of Federal Judges as well as the SCOTUS. Now the term seems to have fallen out of use-----for no reason. This current crop of far right judges is every bit as politically active and willing to bend the law in the "right" direction as any on the left. It is a sad period we are in that is so heavily swayed, not by the intent of the law but by the intent of politics.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I’m not sure I agree with you. It’s my understanding that there’s a purge of Federal judges with each new Administration. Look what Clinton did after he was elected. Please provide a few examples as to your belief.

More to the point, compare the prosecution of individuals from the BLM riots to that of Han. 6th! I’m not seeing a lot of Judicial forgiveness for those on the Right.

Why not do this----show me where this claimed purge of Federal Judges happens----and under what authority.

Your asking me to prove the negative---I won't play that game. Article III of the Constitution states that judicial officers are appointed for a life term.

God is the only one with the authority to "purge" a Federal Judge.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Obama appointed 400 federal judge during his two terms. Trump appointed 234. Bush appointed 327. Clinton appointed 378. Trump did no reset. Just business as usual you get elected you appoint judges.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Obama appointed 400 federal judge during his two terms. Trump appointed 234. Bush appointed 327. Clinton appointed 378. Trump did no reset. Just business as usual you get elected you appoint judges.
    Yup…as I stated before, Clinton nominated and seated far more Judges than that of Trump…

My statement stands