Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me, or is the GOP doing their best impression if..

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.

Is it just me, or is the GOP doing their best impression if..

The Keystone Kops?

With one Speaker already ousted…and a second looking like he’ll get the ax…

At this rate, Pelosi may be Speaker again in January 2025.

Crazy times we’re in.

You are almost correct Billy----but that is not the GOP---that is just a mob of rinos
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    You are almost correct Billy----but that is not the GOP---that is just a mob of rinos
    Interesting you say that the GOP mainly consists of RINOs. Can you list a few members? I feel the opposite. IMO, the GOP is compromised if 20-25 far Right which includes the likes of Matt Geatz (election and covid denier) 45% and perhaps more in the likes of Keven McCarthy (fiscal Conservative and Social moderates who stood up to Trump’s post election rhetoric eith the rest of the field who resemble Doug Collins who appears to be more Liberal and voted absent a lot.

Agree or disagree?

I agree Billy. Terms like rino and fascist are generally used in a derogatory manner and frankly are used too often and incorrectly.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

One thing I do admire about the Democrats…they are always united…no matter what the issue is….especially when it comes to advocating destruction on social norms and destroying America.

Crazy timeS we’re in.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    As long as Johnson keeps allowing a vote on issues that the people want a vote on (Ukraine $$$) the Dems will protect him from his ultra right party members..

Just my opinion, I could be wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    As long as Johnson keeps allowing a vote on issues that the people want a vote on (Ukraine $$$) the Dems will protect him from his ultra right party members..

Just my opinion, I could be wrong..
    What people? I think you'd be surprised how many voting American citizens are tired of Ukraine's free ride.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    What people? I think you'd be surprised how many voting American citizens are tired of Ukraine's free ride.
    It's a proxy war between Russia and the US...It's been going on in various locales in the world since WWII ended...It's cheaper this way than losing countless American lives......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    It's a proxy war between Russia and the US...It's been going on in various locales in the world since WWII ended...It's cheaper this way than losing countless American lives......Ben
    All of that is known. It seems all we can get into these days are proxy wars. I'm looking for some leadership and diplomacy to stop it. Stop the bleeding.

All of that is known. It seems all we can get into these days are proxy wars. I'm looking for some leadership and diplomacy to stop it. Stop the bleeding.
    Leadership and diplomacy involve the participation of only a miniscule portion of the world's population, Tom, all of whom are only in that position as the results of election by a majority or a rise to power by coup...In either of those scenarios those who are recognized as the leaders only remain in that position at the pleasure of those with the excess wealth necessary to buy the complacence and indulgence of the less wealthy...In simpler words, puppets wave their arms and speak the words written by those behind the curtain who wish to retain their comfortable positions while the audience sees and hears what they think they want to believe...Think of it as a worldwide TV "reality show" which the audience is expected to believe represents the truth...

This has been going on since one monkey in one jungle took control of the banana grove, and figured he could keep most of the bananas for himself if he gave another monkey a stalk of bananas to tell the crowds of monkeys they could have an occasional bite if they'd let him decide who gets a bite and when...But the chief monkey in the other jungles is scared of losing his grove if the monkeys in another jungle are convinced he is evil, so their stooge monkeys are instructed to keep the lesser monkeys in fear of those monkeys in the neighboring jungles...

Fear, lust and envy keep the pot boiling until only a few monkeys are left in a vast jungle full of rotting bananas......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I get out of this one "Mobs" and "Lesser Monkeys." I'm betting they are much more real and intertwined than it appears.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Ukraine funding passed.. the majority wants to fund Ukraine..

Putin wants the Ukraine support stopped.. that’s a good reason not to stop the support.. (even if Putins bestie says that we should)..

I guarantee that those not wanting to aid Ukraine are completely oblivious to 1930s Europe.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I’m ok funding Ukraine…the question really is why isn’t Europe taking the lead? When does it end? Putin in my opinion has gone all in and won’t stop until either he achieves “victory” whatever that is that allows him to save face, or he gets “Putined” himself.

Ben Glad to see you responding to my post. It's been kind of rare.