Thread: Food for Thought

Food for Thought

This headline in "Foreign Affairs Today" seems more than appropriate:

Israel’s Forever War

The Long History of Managing—Rather Than Solving—the Conflict

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It strikes me that everyone living in that neck of the world's woods has been hating each other so long, that none of them can pinpoint the exact reason why nor when it actually started......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Wise words Ben----I share your opinion.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

This time around we're seeing Palestinian supporters effectively impacting proceedings on college compasses. It's no coincidence the timing exploits current political divisions in our country.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Figure it's maybe time to realize there are more than one group in this country. Maybe if we pull some $$ support from Israel they may wake up to the fact they need to solve their problem with their neighbors.

Personally I like that the college students are coming forward and speaking out. Happened way to late during the Vietnam war for the 55,000+ dead and many others left to pick up their lives. Didn't really get to be much during the last wars we were in as most of us got suckered into WMD BS that was spread from the WH at the time.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

This situation is not all on Israel. It takes two to tango. And when one of the parties would rather invade a country kidnap rape and kill that country's citizens it makes negotiations difficult to say the least
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.