Thread: You heard it here first

You heard it here first

Donald Trump likes to think of himself as a great businessman, but at least one official who served under him says that’s not the case at all.

“Donald Trump is not a great businessman,” former Homeland Security chief of staff Miles Taylor told MeidasTouch. “He is a failed businessman across the board. Trump Steaks and Trump Vodka and Trump Airlines and we could go on and on.”

Taylor also dispensed with the argument that the former president’s wealth is proof of his business acumen.

“Al Capone was incredibly rich,” he said. “You can be rich and not be a great businessman. You can be a fraud. And we’ve seen this with Donald Trump throughout his history. Even people who’ve been huge supporters of his have come away saying, ‘He’s a total fraud.’”

Taylor said Trump took all of his worst tendencies from the world of business with him into the White House.

“And in a lot of ways, he made the U.S. government his largest failed venture yet,” he said, adding that Trump’s “volatility and corrupt nature” made it difficult for government departments and agencies to function.

“I saw it in our own department,” he said, where he was unable to do his job effectively because he was too focused on dealing with Trump’s impulses.

“I had to spend my time focused on how do we manage the president,” he said. “That’s not the sign of a good businessman. He’s clearly not communicating and delegating really well. That’s the sign of the exact opposite.”

He warned business leaders who think Trump might be better for the bottom line that a second Trump term would be so volatile that it would be “dangerous and destabilizing” for the U.S. economy.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Dave you might want to do a little background on this guy. He's an alcoholic, and he has mental problems and requires therapy. His wife left him, which is not always a bad thing. He has made mucho dollars off of anti Donald Trump books. It doesn't surprise me that you find him credible enough to cite him here .
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

There is not a word in there that isn't crystal clear to anyone with their eyes open and a clear mind with two or more functioning brain cells.

You suck up rino propaganda like it is rare whiskey.

Added in edit:

This past weekend trump derided both Miles Taylor and General Kelly. That is a habit trump has long practiced. Does it ever occur to the fawning faithful that these were the best of the best when they came in the door and like chameleons become the worst of the worst when they exit? Obviously, trump is too stupid to realize that would reflect very poorly on him.

I suppose that for a man like trump, devoid of character, that might not be a problem
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 04-23-2024 at 10:22 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Fortunately, we're in the chute heading towards finding out whether 45 prevails head to head against Biden.

Yeah, don't get me started on either's age or mental capacity. Though those are generally appreciated, it typically comes down to whom a US President appoints to actually run the show.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead