Thread: DIrtbags: Bill to revoke child laborer lunch breaks

DIrtbags: Bill to revoke child laborer lunch breaks

https://www.yahoo.com/news/required-...192258129.html

and look what the bills sponsor owns. what a piece of scum

BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The Louisiana Legislature is looking to roll back some of the child labor laws. It could have an impact on break times for children.
    HB156 removes the state’s requirement for minors to take a 30-minute meal break if they work for at least five hours. The bill is being carried by state Rep. Roger Wilder, R-Denham Springs, who owns a number of Smoothie King franchises across the state. He believes removing the rule is a positive thing.
    Under current state law, anyone under 18 has to be given a 30-minute break if they work five hours. Wilder said the law is outdated and that teens should be able to decide if they want a break and save businesses from facing fines and paperwork.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Poor kids I bet you were treated with velvet gloves when you worked at the restaurants as a youngster. I highly doubt it. So why whine now.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Poor kids I bet you were treated with velvet gloves when you worked at the restaurants as a youngster. I highly doubt it. So why whine now.
    I worked my ass off in restaurants. everyone got a 15 min break and a 30 min lunch. it didn't matter what your age was we all got treated the same and that was the case from the time I was 12 working in the family restaurant to in my 30s managing one. That bill is bull crap
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Easy solution - speak with your dollars and don't visit Louisiana, the same as I refuse to visit California due to your laws there.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    ..speak with your dollars...
    Effective and efficient.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    I worked my ass off in restaurants. everyone got a 15 min break and a 30 min lunch. it didn't matter what your age was we all got treated the same and that was the case from the time I was 12 working in the family restaurant to in my 30s managing one. That bill is bull crap

Exactly my point.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Exactly my point.