Thread: Somethings are a given

Lightbulb Somethings are a given

My SIL is a very bright hard head---and so I limit my advice---kind of

When they moved back here from Kansas they bought a small farm---which came with three goats (does). Those goats are getting up there in years and they do have a need for the goats in weed control.

So--last fall my daughter received, for her birthday, a pair of goats. A young doe and her first born---Carlos. When they were telling me this story I had to ask them when they were going to get young Carlos castrated----because he would do his mother in the blink of an eye. Well---that was dismissed and I said no more.

Over the winter my daughter told me that Carlos had returned to his previous home---because he stank I asked if young Carlos got mom---because his stinking was a telltale sign that anything Carlos could get to stand still was fair game.

So----today Carlos left his mark---his mom had three kids, one stillborn, one female and one male. That would make Carlos their brother and their father

So---I just suggested to my daughter that as soon as the male is weaned he needs to move out----or he will do his mom----and his sister

I guess this makes mom both the mother of the new kids and their grandmother
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Is this the one where Carlos becomes his own grandpa, or am I thinking of another one?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Is this the one where Carlos becomes his own grandpa, or am I thinking of another one?......Ben
    I'm not sure---it doesn't take too long until it is past my level of understanding.

I did tell my SIL that there is an old PA Dutch saying that in English would be: "hornyer than a two pec*ered billy goat". That has an origin in fact
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Wonga Philip Harris was talented and successful. A good pick, Dave.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Goats. Wife wanted some and I think we had two(milkers). Never missed them when they were gone.

Seems like that happen with all the pets the kids wanted also. Snakes, mice, gerbils, rabbits and horses. Out of all I thought rabbits might have been the best but they named those also. Before moving here they raised chickens and I must say they were the best eating birds.

I guess that's growing up with some land and kids. One of my friends asked one time what I was raising mentioned kids and horses, sometimes I think think the horses were smarter than the kids.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Da Kids

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture .jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	40183