Thread: Packard's 24 cylinder "X" engine

Exclamation Packard's 24 cylinder "X" engine

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I'm only surprised that one has never shown up (and subsequently blown up) at the tractor pulls after the Smithsononian janitor let his cousins in after hours one night...
    Yo cuz, hold my beer...
    ...Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Packard was a class act.

"Packard vehicles featured innovations, including the modern steering wheel, air-conditioning in a passenger car, and one of the first production 12-cylinder engines..."
    - Wikipedia

Ride ride ride ride ride along
    in your Packard, in your Packard.
    In a Packard you've got the world on a string.
    In a Packard car you feel like a king.
    Ride ride ride ride ride along
    in your Packard, what fun!
    And ask the man, just ask the man
    the lucky man who owns one!
    - Packard TV advertising

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

My 22 is half of a 12 cylinder---it is straight 6. The 12 was called a twin 6. It was two straight 6 engines at a 30 deg angle bolted to a special bottom end with a 12 journal crank.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis