Thread: Let's take a ride with a madman!

Let's take a ride with a madman!

Now being sought by the police

An arrest warrant has been issued in Colorado for Rendon Dietzmann, a Texas man who allegedly posted a YouTube video showcasing himself speeding through Colorado from Colorado Springs to Denver in just 20 minutes. The video, which purportedly displayed speeds exceeding 170 miles per hour on Interstate 25, has been removed but not before attracting the attention of law enforcement and leading to multiple charges against Dietzmann.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 04-15-2024 at 10:22 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Wrecking a bike at 170 MPH will leave an unappetizing mess on the highway. It may take out an innocent who was in his way.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Wrecking a bike at 170 MPH will leave an unappetizing mess on the highway. It may take out an innocent who was in his way.

Hunter
    As Don Bowman once sang in a tune about a lady biker who took a spill on the road: "It smeared her lipstick...All over the highway"......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Did you notice---his arms were uncovered? At that speed, a big bug would feel like a 22 shot
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Did At that speed, a big bug would feel like a 22 shot...
    Darn straight. Once got nailed by a bee in the face at 80 MPH. 'Bout took me off the bike. Once I went full-face helmet mode, no longer an issue. Shortley thereafter, a rock kicked up by a truck took a chunk out of my helmet at forehead height.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Darn straight. Once got nailed by a bee in the face at 80 MPH. 'Bout took me off the bike. Once I went full-face helmet mode, no longer an issue. Shortley thereafter, a rock kicked up by a truck took a chunk out of my helmet at forehead height.

Hunter
    Always wore a helmet for that reason. Doen't mean one didn't wonder into the mask a time or two.

Cringe when I see riders today with tenny runners and no helment.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Cringe when I see riders today with tenny runners and no helment.
    Yeah, odds are, someday we all go down. Fortunately, we can prepare.

Thus far, the "early" bikers I've seen were dressed O.K. It's when the heat hits that I start seeing the skimpy outfits. My experience was, one quickly gets used to the heat, particularly when sitting at a light. There are many well-ventilated options out there. It's just not worth it to "cheap out" and buy shoddy protection.

How many of us, when at the Doctor's Office, say, "Kind of tight now, Doc, give me the least expensive vaccine you have."

Hunter

How many of us, when at the Doctor's Office, say, "Kind of tight now, Doc, give me the least expensive vaccine you have."

Hunter
    Have you been eavesdropping on me again?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...