Thread: Another trump history lesson

Another trump history lesson

Donald Trump's mention of the "beautiful" Battle of Gettysburg during a campaign rally in Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, on Saturday got the former president some attention on social media, with users wondering what his rambling "rant" was about.

"Gettysburg, what an unbelievable battle that was," Trump said while addressing the crowd in the town and wearing a Make America Great Again hat. "It was so much, and so interesting, and so vicious and horrible, and so beautiful in so many different ways—it represented such a big portion of the success of this country," he continued.

"Gettysburg, wow—I go to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, to look and to watch," he said. "And the statement of Robert E. Lee, who's no longer in favor—did you ever notice it? He's no longer in favor. 'Never fight uphill, me boys, never fight uphill.' They were fighting uphill, he said, 'Wow, that was a big mistake,' he lost his big general. 'Never fight uphill, me boys,' but it was too late," Trump added.
    Moved me to order a new cap

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	40175
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

"...so vicious and horrible, and so beautiful..."

Odd, I'd always heard, "War is hell." I may be mistaken, but I highly doubt a person would claim, "War is heavenly."

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

A bone spur can make one do strange things, even if it is phony
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Hey he's the most honest guy in the world. https://twitter.com/i/status/1779298819361968264
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Another "gift" left behind for the faithful in Pa on Saturday was this little deranged claim:

Speaking about his most recent guilty verdict in NY:

They found nothing which makes me perhaps the most honest guy almost in the world right donnie

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Speaking about his most recent guilty verdict in NY:

They found nothing which makes me perhaps the most honest guy almost in the world right donnie
    It's an honest statement as he is "almost in this world"...The other foot being in a world of his own invention......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

He was referencing his brain scan - which found nothing.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Trump is indeed an asshole. So it comes down too do you want a geriatric fool to represent you as a puppet of far left radical audiology or do you want an asshole narcissist. Sad state of affairs
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I'm thinking we've got two geriatric fools running for office.

Hunter