Thread: I am impressed

Thumbs up I am impressed

My taxes were signed and electronically submitted late on April 8. On April 13th I got a notice from my bank that the deposit (Federal return) was in my account

I haven't received a return in many years---if there is an overage it was applied to the current year quarterly payment, so I have no real point of reference--but this left me in amazement

May you all share in your own surprise
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I should probably get started figuring mine out today...Or maybe tomorrow...I need a nap......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

No rush Buddy
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

We're running 22% of our income paid in taxes. You won't see me complain. I consider it a good investment.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I was so surprised I never looked at the numbers in detail. I do know what caused the unexpected windfall---we had to estimate the 23 tax rate when I took out my RMD last Dec. We used the 2022 effective tax rate to do that---which was safe from possible penalty but proved to be higher than necessary.

Ben----I hope your silence this morning means you are working diligently on your taxes. That has to be a demanding job to combine your multiple steams of high profit centers of multiple private business

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Ben----I hope your silence this morning means you are working diligently on your taxes. That has to be a demanding job to combine your multiple steams of high profit centers of multiple private business
    You kids keep it down, I'm busy in here......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

TurboTax to the rescue...They allowed me to use 1040-HUH which only has 3 questions:

1.) How much did you make last year?...
    2.) How much do you have left?...
    3.) When can we expect it?...

Now back to my daily precious metals review......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    TurboTax to the rescue...They allowed me to use 1040-HUH which only has 3 questions:

Must have gotten the simple version.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post

Nice work Boss