Thread: God made her do it

Exclamation God made her do it

...A Georgia woman accused of wounding two drivers on a Florida interstate Monday told people God directed her to carry out the shootings "in relation to" the solar eclipse, authorities said.

Taylon Nichelle Celestine, 22, was stopped on Interstate 10 near mile marker 96 on a felony traffic stop after she was suspected of wounding two drivers a short time earlier, the Florida Highway Patrol said in a statement.

An AR-15 rifle and a 9 mm handgun were recovered in the Dodge Challenger with Georgia plates that Celestine was driving, the highway patrol said.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Celestine “had recently checked out of a local hotel and told the staff she was going on a shooting spree..."
    - NBC

Man, I hope those hotel staff reported that conversation to Law Enforcement. I took light rail Public Transportation yesterday and "See or hear something, say something" is prominently displayed everywhere.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I took light rail Public Transportation yesterday and "See or hear something, say something" is prominently displayed everywhere.

Hunter
    About 40 years beyond Orwell's prediction......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Thought about that, Ben...

The system I came out of utilized info from "snitches" on a regular basis. Frankly, if more than one person was involved in a caper, no one was ever really safe from consequences/accountability. An example is what happened to the people around mobster Henry Hill of Goodfellas (1990) fame.

I'm betting most of us are willing to help hinder, or outright stop, potential harm or injury to other people. That's the line in the sand most are reluctant to cross. Yeah, we could get into Christianity (et al.) but that's not necessary. For, we can hear in our mind, "What if it were my spouse, son, or daughter endangered?" That's where the benefit of taking care of each other becomes particularly apparent.

I know this was an undeserved rant - to a person already well aware... Personally, Orwell's Animal Farm was fascinating for me as well.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead