Thread: The crooks all play the same songs

The crooks all play the same songs

The wife of bob menendez---who is also under indictment, is now asking to delay her trial for undisclosed medical reasons.

The wife of New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez is seeking a delay to her criminal trial next month, saying a newly diagnosed and serious medical condition requires a “surgical procedure” within six weeks.

The request was made by her lawyers in a letter to a Manhattan federal court judge who will preside over a May 6 trial of the Democrat, his wife and two New Jersey businessmen.
    I suspect that old bobby will follow along shortly with his own sad whine
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

A tough one for me. Yeah, corrupt politicians need to be dealt with as we attempt to hold them accountable for their behavior.

Judges involved have several tools they can use to ferret out what's really going on. I think Menendez and his wife are guilty. But, it's not up to me to make that decision. We have to rely upon the assigned Judge to do their job with diligence. There are oversight mechanisms built into our Justice System. They aren't always convenient or pretty, but we often need to step back and let such a case roll out.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

And now that his wife is headed for a separate trial---old bobbie has a new strategy

NEW YORK (AP) — Sen. Bob Menendez may seek exoneration at his May bribery trial by blaming his wife, saying she kept him in the dark about anything that could be illegal about her dealings with New Jersey businessmen, according to court papers unsealed Tuesday.

Several sentences in a January court filing by lawyers for the Democrat were unsealed in Manhattan federal court after some news organizations insisted that public disclosure was required. Menendez’s lawyers had redacted the documents, claiming that the sentences revealed trial strategy that could bias the jury pool.

According to the passages that were unsealed, Menendez plans to testify about what he believes were exculpatory communications with his wife, Nadine, if he decides to take the witness stand in his defense.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Yet Chuck Schumer single-handedly stoped the impeachment of the secretary of Homeland security forwarded with a majority of votes in the house, continues to let Mendez the criminal serve. So it goes with the Democrats.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Looks like chuck learned the tricks well while watching mitch for all those years

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Looks like chuck learned the tricks well while watching mitch for all those years

Still upset that Merrick Garland did not get appointed to the supreme Court eh..........
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.