Thread: Ready for a party

Thumbs up Ready for a party

Mom is due to be discharged tomorrow-----and I just picked up the taxes. I cannot recall if this ever happened (my wife just told me that back in the late 70's when we had no money it did) but it feels good now

We owe zero federal, state or local taxes for last year and zero federal, state, or local estimated tax for 2024. In fact we are getting refunds from all of them.

I never wanted refunds--but I have to admit this has a nice ring to it.

April has long been the most "unfriendly" month of the year. April 15th had a triple whammy of the final payment of last years income taxes and the first quarter of the current year's taxes. Then the icing on the cake was that April 30th the county real estate taxes in PA were all due (to take advantage of a 2% early payment incentive).

The real estate taxes are just around the corner---but I'm still a happy camper
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I should get started adding mine up......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I should get started adding mine up......Ben
    No need to rush into it Ben---you have a full week to go! Even for a big precious metal dealer like you that should allow enough time
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It helps to keep a running tally of profits and losses in my head...It's pretty easy since they always add up to zero...As I tell others, I lose money with each transaction, but I make it up in volume......Bem
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I get it. Ben is a precious metals dealer.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I get it. Ben is a precious metals dealer.

Hunter
    Mostly blued steel these days, but the cans keep mounting up too...Nothing like you successful entrepreneurs have accomplished......Ben